Free music for use by Moviestorm Forum Users

luongdavid
post Oct 17 2011, 8:46 AM
Post #1

Upcoming director

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,723

Hi there,
I am not sure if I posted in the right forum; if not, can you let me know where I should post this item please? Thanks

I have a number of music tracks I composed and would be happy to share those with forum users of Moviestorm who can use it in their films at no-cost and non-exclusive use basis.

If you would like to, I can post them somewhere where forum users can access the music files.

Please advise. Thank you

Regards
David
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Oct 17 2011, 9:02 AM
Post #2

Upcoming director

QUOTE (luongdavid @ Oct 17 2011, 08:46 AM) *
Hi there,
I am not sure if I posted in the right forum; if not, can you let me know where I should post this item please? Thanks

I have a number of music tracks I composed and would be happy to share those with forum users of Moviestorm who can use it in their films at no-cost and non-exclusive use basis.

If you would like to, I can post them somewhere where forum users can access the music files.

Please advise. Thank you

Regards
David

Hi

Oh, I forgot to mention, here is a sample of the sort of music I posted on Youtube. Although I will upload only the music files in mp3 or whatever is the desired format for users of this forum. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iaIGgdwPDY

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Oct 17 2011, 9:15 AM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

I think the Collaboration forum would be most appropriate (so I moved it).

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Oct 17 2011, 9:20 AM
Post #4

Upcoming director

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Oct 17 2011, 09:15 AM) *
I think the Collaboration forum would be most appropriate (so I moved it).

Oh, I now understand. Thanks Ben. Cheers

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Oct 17 2011, 8:33 PM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 341

QUOTE (luongdavid @ Oct 17 2011, 03:20 AM) *
Oh, I now understand. Thanks Ben. Cheers

Great, let me know when you have posted the links to your music as I wll certainly use it in Vautrin and you will get IMDB credit for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkffoo
post Oct 18 2011, 7:31 AM
Post #6

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 283

That's great David!
Do you have a website already?

--------------------

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Oct 18 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #7

Upcoming director

Hi everyone, I don't have a personal website or files-sharing site and I'd be happy to upload it somewhere if anyone can let me know where to upload it to. These files are between 2.5Mb to 3.5Mb in MP3. The maximum allowance for file attachment is 2Mb on this foru

These music files are of my original compositions rendered into MP3 music files. Most genre of my music is of happy and reflective moods with modern Jazz, Caribbean, South American influences (not that I am from any of these cultures, it is just that I like the tunes of these genre) . I composed these music based on happy memory with family and friends and these are my musical express of those times.

You are welcome to use them in any of your projects on a non-for-profit and non-exclusive use basis. When you use these music in your projects, please reference the author as 'David Luong, Sydney, Australia'. If you need more info on the music, just contact me please.

I enclosed my music files to encourage forum users to include a diversity of their original works to share with everyone or for charity purposes. Hey, and if you make money out of it, that's great and lets' chat as I too have a family to broom and feed :-)

If you intent to use it for commercial purposes, contact me by email and and we can work something out.

Sample links on YouTube is available on request for each composition in case you want to check it out before you download these. Please send me a private message on this forum or alternatively check out my channel on YouTube under 'lewisluong'

The collection of 6 are:

1. Tropic Shores
2. Dawn of New Days
3. Heavenly Passage
4. Island Dreams
5. Breezy Sundays
6. Shades of Sunny Emerald

PS. To Moviestorm admin or this forum moderators, if you would consider allowing me to attach my music files for Forum Users to download that would save everyone a lot of effort. Cheers

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Oct 18 2011, 4:58 PM
Post #8

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

I've set up your forum profile so you can have larger attachemnts. Hopefully (supposing I remembered how to do it correctly).

EDIT: However, there is something that says: Note that single file uploads are also limited by your PHP configuration to 2M. Not sure what can be done about that at the moment.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Oct 19 2011, 9:49 AM
Post #9

Upcoming director

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Oct 18 2011, 04:58 PM) *
I've set up your forum profile so you can have larger attachemnts. Hopefully (supposing I remembered how to do it correctly).

EDIT: However, there is something that says: Note that single file uploads are also limited by your PHP configuration to 2M. Not sure what can be done about that at the moment.

Ben
I can't get the files to compress below 2.5Mb - if I compress them any more the audio quality will drop. Thanks for helping out anyway.

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Oct 19 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #10

Upcoming director

Hi everyone,
I've found a free hosting site and uploaded my music for your use. Refer to links below. These music files are of my original compositions rendered into MP3 music files. Most genre of my music is of happy and reflective moods with modern Jazz, Caribbean, South American influences (not that I am from any of these cultures, it is just that I like the tunes of these genre) . I composed these music based on happy memory with family and friends and these are my musical express of those times.

You are welcome to use them in any of your projects on a non-for-profit and non-exclusive use basis. When you use these music in you projects, please reference the author as 'David Luong, Sydney, Australia'. If you need more info on the music, just contact me please.

I enclosed my music files to encourage forum users to include a diversity of their original works to share with everyone or for charity purposes. Hey, and if we can make money, that's great and lets' chat as I too have a family to groom and feed :-)

If you intent to use it for commercial purposes, contact me by email and and we can work something out.

Sample links on YouTube is available on request in case you want to check it out before you download these. Please send me a private message on this forum.

The collection of 6 are:

1. Tropic Shores
2. Dawn of New Days
3. Heavenly Passage
4. Island Dreams
5. Breezy Sundays
6. Shades of Sunny Emerald

Links to the music files are:

Tropic Shores.mp3
Shades of Sunny Emerald.mp3
Island Dreams.mp3
Heavenly Passage.mp3
Dawn of New Days_AllMix.mp3
Breezy Sundays.mp3

+Quote Post
andy_price
post Oct 19 2011, 7:32 PM
Post #11

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,442

I am impressed with your music, and was wandering if you just write music or if you have ever done vocal songs?

--------------------

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Oct 20 2011, 7:49 AM
Post #12

Upcoming director

QUOTE (andy_price @ Oct 19 2011, 07:32 PM) *
I am impressed with your music, and was wandering if you just write music or if you have ever done vocal songs?

Hi Andy, thanks for the feedback..

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience writing music for vocals.

+Quote Post
kkffoo
post Oct 20 2011, 8:01 AM
Post #13

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 283

These are amazing...are you playing trumpet?

--------------------

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Oct 20 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #14

Upcoming director

QUOTE (kkffoo @ Oct 20 2011, 08:01 AM) *
These are amazing...are you playing trumpet?

Thank you. I hope you find some use for these in your future film. I do occasionally play a soprano sax although these music compositions are performed by digital samples and midi instruments.

+Quote Post
jimthehermit
post Oct 21 2011, 1:59 PM
Post #15

Director

Member No.: 10,956

Musicians and other authors should include their names in the files they're giving away. Especially, if they want credit for it. A lot of times I download royalty-free stuff and it sits in my computer for years and when I do use it, I don't remember where I got it from, much less who made it.

+Quote Post
keithlawrence
post Oct 21 2011, 4:48 PM
Post #16

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,321

QUOTE (jimthehermit @ Oct 21 2011, 03:59 PM) *
Musicians and other authors should include their names in the files they're giving away. Especially, if they want credit for it. A lot of times I download royalty-free stuff and it sits in my computer for years and when I do use it, I don't remember where I got it from, much less who made it.

Name it right away smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Oct 22 2011, 3:43 AM
Post #17

Upcoming director

QUOTE (jimthehermit @ Oct 21 2011, 01:59 PM) *

That's a good point. Thanks.

I've added my name to the files

Cheers
David

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 6 2011, 3:23 PM
Post #18

Upcoming director

Fresh off the press is 'Balmy Twilights' a light hearted latin influenced Jazz composition. Hope you enjoy it:

Download link is:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/5URliyP0/Balm...avid_Q_Luo.html

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Nov 6 2011, 9:28 PM
Post #19

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

Beautiful. I am listening to it now. you have a lot of talent. For Vautrin I need heavier and more solemn music. Do you have anything like that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
luongdavid
post Nov 8 2011, 8:57 AM
Post #20

Upcoming director

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Nov 6 2011, 09:28 PM) *
Beautiful. I am listening to it now. you have a lot of talent. For Vautrin I need heavier and more solemn music. Do you have anything like that?

Thanks Lucinda. I don't have anything in that genre.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: