• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Is there any particular reason why the Movies page is still not updated at all even after all this time? Surely it`s not giving the impression of an active movie making community when the featured list has not changed in ages and the latest uploads list is as old as 112 days and counting blink.gif

Are the staff busy working on a major update for moviestorm or is the page just simply how can I put it?.........knackered?

#2 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Last posts on the News blog and Dev blog are from late September as well. I hope they are working on something really big and some really cool content, otherwise it looks like I'm throwing money at a dying horse.

#3 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

What concerns me is that this subject has been raised numerous times but never really gets a response blink.gif

#4 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Tbh I have been away from using MS for a while but still check the website regularly for any news/ updates, sadly there seem to have been none. It does seem to have become very quiet since the last update, really other than Ben answering a few help issues there's been nothing.

Lets hope it means they are busy converting MS to the new engine they mentioned/used for the Ipad version thingy.

But its worrying all the same

#5 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 928 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

kv - There was recently this announcement on Facebook and the Twitter feed :

Moviestorm are pleased to announce Tara as the new Moviestorm PR & Social Media Manager. Please keep an eye out for exciting updates on all the social media websites, both @Moviestorm and @MoviestormEdu on Twitter and this facebook page from now on. Lastly, a big thank you to Matt Kelland for all his previous hard work.

Here's hoping they give her the keys to the movie page as well.

#6 Robear

Robear

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (kv @ Jan 18 2013, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any particular reason why the Movies page is still not updated at all even after all this time? Surely it`s not giving the impression of an active movie making community when the featured list has not changed in ages and the latest uploads list is as old as 112 days and counting.

Might help to explain the overwhelming lack of interest that has become the Moviestorm Community.

Nowhere to feature your movie means no feedback from fellow MS members who understand the work it takes.

Nowhere to feature your movie means uploading to YouTube or another hosting site where your work is lost like a needle in a haystack... or the comments are from naysayers and the ignorant who have no conception of the work involved.

Nowhere to feature your movie means that Moviestorm and staff have even lost interest in the very works that promote and sell their product.

Certainly not the promises I read here a couple of years ago when Moviestorm went to a subscription model and we were promised loads of new content and updates and weekly feature spots. Those were the good ole days... and those were promises that never reached fulfillment. I don't mean to sound harsh about this, but MS is really fantastic software for the professional and the hobbyist alike, and it is a shame to see the whole operation neglected.

I feel a little like we took the bait and then were left at the alter.

HELLO!! Anybody home?

#7 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

So is Tara going to make herself known?

Will the movies page ever get fixed?

Has the crew gone so small that we will hardly see new content in the market?

Much respect to Ben who remains active online for support, but this is seeming rather scarey. I used to always be excited to log on to the site to see new content and movies as well as updates but that seems to be pretty much gone now with the underwhelming activity from staff.

#8 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

i agree. Either Tara is the latest & greatest marketing whiz or the cleaning lady saddled with extra duties.
Where is everybody?