• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jaybird1943

jaybird1943

Film Critic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

Given the recent info from Mac, can anyone translate this message for an old timer, in relation to Moviestorm VERSION 1.7.0?

MY MAC SYSTEM:

OS X EL CAPITAN

VERSION 10.11.6

iMAC (27-INCH, LATE 2013 0

PROCESSOR: 3.2 GHz INTEL CORE i5

MEMORY: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB

Thanks to all.  The more I use MS, the more I love it, BUT, still no children???

James (jaybird)

MAC MESSAGE AUGUST 8, 2017:

The last gasp for 32-bit apps

Apple announced at WWDC that the company will start to phase out support for 32-bit software in macOS. In January 2018 (High Sierra will be released months before that), new apps submitted by developers to the App Store must be 64-bit apps. Also, all apps and app updates must be 64-bit by June 2018. Eventually, 32-bit support will no longer exist in macOS, probably in a version after High Sierra.

That’s important for developers to note, but it’s also important for users. If you have old software you like to use and never update, it’s possible they are 32-bit apps and they won’t work in a future version of macOS. Now’s the time to update those apps and get used to them, or find alternatives.

#2 mcarman

mcarman

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

Moviestorm appears to be a 32 bit app, so unless they release a pure 64bit version (which is [hoping I am wrong] doubtful) it looks like sometime in or around june of 2018 you will not be able to run moviestorm on your mac any more.

But in all fairness this is not a fault of moveistorm, this is apple forcing developers to abandon development of 32 bit applications. While I admit moveistorm could probably benefit from such an update, again, I am highly doubtful it will happen.

But to be honest, I didn't come to this thread to give you potentially bad news, I thought the title of this thread was a nifty sounding movie title and I wanted to know more about it...  it conjured up images of Casablanca and the African Queen and the like.

#3 jaybird1943

jaybird1943

Film Critic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

Thank you so much for the info.

I'll hit Mac up about this problem, but, like you, I believe Mac will trod on, leaving us old 32bit players in the dust.

Too bad.

I truly dread moving into another program.

It also concerns me about MS.  If Mac users cannot utilize MS in the future, the growth of MS will possibly be quite impaired and gradually just FADE TO: dust blowing in the wind.

HELLO STAFF: ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO LET MS DIE FOR MAC USERS IN THE NEAR FUTURE?

Thanks again for your extremely helpful tip.

I will continue MS storming until the sad Armageddon arrives for animation enthusiasts.

Cheers to all.

James (jaybird)

#4 mcarman

mcarman

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:07 AM

Well I am not a mac user so I can't say with 100% certainty what the future holds for mac/moviestorm, but here's hoping for the best Jay

perhaps one of the more senior MS users knows something don't

#5 jaybird1943

jaybird1943

Film Critic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for your "good luck" wishes.

I suspect that you know much more about the topic than the seniors on this site, speaking for myself, at any rate.

Senior as in "old and addled" or senior as in "Trump" old and addled.

Best of luck.

Thanks again.

James