18 replies to this topic

#1 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:55 AM

Hi Team!

Been a while since I was here or even fiddled with MS...

But I've decided to finish off a movie I made Pt1 of called
'Noel Sinclair - Investigation 1a'..
Here's the Link to it if interested:
https://vimeo.com/85709647 

Anyway, reason I'm posting here is, there is a Hole that appears in his chin when speaking, or at different cam angles.. :unsure:
I remember the fix to this used to be turning off Base 01 or Base beta 02 addons or something like that back in the day...(?)
Can anyone help jog my memory on that...? :huh:
Also, as he walks along or as I move the camera around his shirt seems to be 'tracking'.. or disappearing and reappearing etc... Doesn't happen up close but does in full body type shots....  What is the fix to this? If there is one...? I cant change his outfit nor his head, as he needs to stay the same as in Part 1...    If anyone could help out I'd be very grateful... :rolleyes:

#2 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:34 AM

Darn, wish I could help Chris. I don't remember that particular problem occurring. Glad to see you are back in production though.
I'm heading to bed now but I'll be sure to check out the video tomorrow.

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:30 AM

Does it happen when you are filming through the glass of the chopper? I wonder if it is the Z-layer issue where two transparencies e.g. Glass and Beard conflict?

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#4 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

Does it happen when you are filming through the glass of the chopper? I wonder if it is the Z-layer issue where two transparencies e.g. Glass and Beard conflict?

I've noticed the hole in the chin while traveling in the old VW van.

The beard, is it a decal or actually a bodypart? If the latter, I wonder if there is a hole or any other defect in the mesh...

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#5 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

I've noticed the hole in the chin while traveling in the old VW van.

The beard, is it a decal or actually a bodypart? If the latter, I wonder if there is a hole or any other defect in the mesh...

Yes it appeared a bit in the original... But now its REALLY noticeable..
The Beard is part of the head/face when you flick through the 7 different Euro/spare heads addon..
The clothing thing is something I haven't really encountered before..
It's actually happening with every outfit (apart from the brown T-Shirt/Trousers outfit)... (?)
Also the eyeballs seem to pop out a bit at times too...
I've turned off shadows & faders etc and it seems even worse... I'm stumped.

Should I do a full re-install...? 
Which I'd rather not..  
No-one else has this problem..?

#6 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

Maybe you could share the character on Dropbox to test.

#7 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

As for the "standard" beards, I have checked it, are bodyparts comprising a mesh and one or more textures with an alpha channel.  But the same goes for the hair and apparently has no issues.

And AFAIK you shoudn't disable the Base01; actually, you can't.

Such a grouping of unusual, diverse and bizarre effects seems to be related to some problem with the graphic hardware or 3D setup, but I'm afraid this is only an educated guess.

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

#8 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

You definitely have the latest graphics drivers Kwistufa?

I'd say it has to one of  :-

Mesh problem - with vertices weighted in such a way that an extreme morph (exaggerated the speaking) is causing the mesh to distort.

Texture issue - Z-order conflict between transparencies.

Grahics card - drivers issue.

A propos of nothing ;) notice there is no front window and frame in the VW Bus on the right hand side, that wasn't something you did to try and address the problem way back was it?

Like Nahton said, maybe you could upload the character (or whole movie) to drop box?

#9 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

A propos of nothing xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.EQjgXw8CzK.png notice there is no front window and frame in the VW Bus on the right hand side, that wasn't something you did to try and address the problem way back was it?

He's a free spirit and loves the wind caressing his cheeks! It's inviting a facial paralysis, but, hey, he's a free spirit, I say!

#10 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

And since.that is Oz, he must like swallowing flies. 😉

#11 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

And since.that is Oz, he must like swallowing flies. 😉

Yeah, apparently ozzies love swallowing every kind of flying critters

article-2620994-00772A531000044C-628_308

PS: my apologies for the bad joke. For a change, we Spaniards like to swallow snails and mummified limbs of pigs -and yes, please, we like they keep the hoof attached, just to be sure.

#12 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:24 PM

Can you give us the timestamp of when you see the hole appearing and also when you see the shirt "tracking", Kwistufa?
We've got get this fixed so we can see the next episode! ;)

#13 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

Anyway, reason I'm posting here is, there is a Hole that appears in his chin when speaking, or at different cam angles.. :unsure:
I remember the fix to this used to be turning off Base 01 or Base beta 02 addons or something like that back in the day...(?)
Can anyone help jog my memory on that...? :huh:

You mean this? http://www.moviestor...disable +base01

If so, I doubt it applies here. It's a mighty old post and refers to a deprecated pack

#14 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:33 AM

And AFAIK you shoudn't disable the Base01; actually, you can't.

Such a grouping of unusual, diverse and bizarre effects seems to be related to some problem with the graphic hardware or 3D setup, but I'm afraid this is only an educated guess.

Yeah I found out it can't be disabled.. More about this below..

If anyone was going to have a grouping of unusual, diverse & bizarre effects...,  it's going to be me...  Story of my life.. B) :( ;)

You definitely have the latest graphics drivers Kwistufa?

I'd say it has to one of  :-

Mesh problem - with vertices weighted in such a way that an extreme morph (exaggerated the speaking) is causing the mesh to distort.

Texture issue - Z-order conflict between transparencies.

Grahics card - drivers issue.

A propos of nothing ;) notice there is no front window and frame in the VW Bus on the right hand side, that wasn't something you did to try and address the problem way back was it?

Like Nahton said, maybe you could upload the character (or whole movie) to drop box?

Late last night I went for the Hardware report and it told me that my graphics card was ATI & sent me off to download AMD drivers..
I did this, and the result is an improvement...
I tested his mouth with speaking.., if I only have his lips moving 50% there is minimal/next to none at all, Chin holes happening..
His clothes seem to be behaving themselves too except for when he's walking and that shirt he's wearing (that hangs over the top his pants) starts doing the tracking type thing again.. From a distance, you can see his teeth, inner mouth, eyeballs... Closer in they are ok...passable. :unsure:
I think I'm going to deal with it and just try to use cam work that doesn't show it up too much.. It's better than it was at this time yesterday.

You mean this? http://www.moviestor...disable +base01

If so, I doubt it applies here. It's a mighty old post and refers to a deprecated pack

Yep... That was the one I was talking about.. Nice fishing to find that! B) ;)

Thanks very much for your helpful input & advice Nahton, Prima, & Jam.. & taking the time to give me a hand.
I'm really keen to get back into this flick for some reason now... after months of Machinima drought.
Onwards & upward eh? Or as Noel would most likely say.. "Tally Ho! Let's waste no more idle time!' :lol:

#15 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

I'm pretty sure it won't help but it's worth trying as it's a rather quick and harmless operation. I'm talking about cleaning up the cache Moviestorm creates. To do so please refer to this post: http://www.moviestor...057#entry109434

Zapping and recreating the cache fixed a nasty graphics problem I had recenty. For some reason it may go corrupted when Moviestorm crashes for some reason.

#16 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:19 AM

I know a few weeks have passed, but i'm off work with the Flu & thought I'd give your above advice a try Jam..
It WORKED!! 100% !!

Clothes are fine & know facial holes appearing...!

Noel is back to finish up his important work!

Thank you very much for the fix! :)

#17 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:39 AM

Yeeehah!
I'm glad I had my Flu jab yesterday though ;)

#18 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

Glad to know, Chris. Thanks for the feedback and take good care of yourself. Flu can be a real nuisance.

#19 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

Yeah it's been the PITS...  Haven't really been sick for about 3 years, but this one has made up for missing time.
I've had the whole week off.... :wacko:

It's been good for getting back into anim though... Put a fair bit together yesterday, including VO's and a few scenes.. B)
Doing some more fiddling with it today.