15 replies to this topic

#1 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

No, not really.
It's up to you actually, I give you the ability to make groovy new costumes with this mod.
Now you can apply your own images & colours to costumes just by clicking on them in the costume designer window.

The fireman, soldier & military costumes as well as some casual wear is now capable of accepting custom images, and more custom tints.
Both male & female costumes.
http://machinimods.c...px?download=603
Your comments are welcome. smile.gif This is also untested in 1.1.6, but it should be fine.
The skin on hands and neck is also tintable and accept custom images, but now by default the modded versions are a little lighter than real skin tones & may require adjustment. This will be more useful when there are more custom head tints available, I don't imagine I'm the only one working on custom head texs...smile.gif
Enjoy

#2 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

we used to be able to do this regularly, assuming one had the mod shop and clicked the 'user image' tick. Glad to see it finally come back.

#3 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (bongoman @ Jul 12 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The skin on hands and neck is also tintable and accept custom images,

Excellent! I'll have a few spacesuit scenes in outer space coming up and this helps solve the gloves issue. That'll do the trick! Thanks again, Bongo!

#4 mellowhardy

mellowhardy

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:03 AM

Hi Bongo,

I am a little confused. In the costume section, how do I actually add new costumes. I see there are new variations of military etc. But when I go through the options, 1, 2, and 3, the costumes are the same. How do I change this? Thanks.

#5 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 921 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (bongoman @ Jul 13 2009, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, not really.
It's up to you actually, I give you the ability to make groovy new costumes with this mod.
Now you can apply your own images & colours to costumes just by clicking on them in the costume designer window.

The fireman, soldier & military costumes as well as some casual wear is now capable of accepting custom images, and more custom tints.
Both male & female costumes.
http://machinimods.c...px?download=603
Your comments are welcome. smile.gif This is also untested in 1.1.6, but it should be fine.
The skin on hands and neck is also tintable and accept custom images, but now by default the modded versions are a little lighter than real skin tones & may require adjustment. This will be more useful when there are more custom head tints available, I don't imagine I'm the only one working on custom head texs...smile.gif
Enjoy

Cool, I'm going to enjoy using this one. And maybe even learn from it.
This one came in a zip format :-)
This addon isn't going to be useful for Free-Be users, you would need some of the Short-Fuse addons; femalecostumes01, malecostumes01... and a few more of the clothing addons.

(For free-bee users) If an invisible body after clicking the new cloths , nothing's broken... The needed addon isn't installed.

For the short-fuse supporters who bought the clothing addons, this is such a cool addon. After grabbing the original Diffuse texture and using it as a template, any coloring/pictures are possible
Many Thanks :-)

I wonder if a new character clothing can be saved to stock with their new user generated texturing -in-stock...

#6 mellowhardy

mellowhardy

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

Oops, silly me. Just worked it out. Brilliant Bongoman!!!!

#7 mellowhardy

mellowhardy

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

Tree,

Where do I find the original diffuse textures?

#8 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

Nice work, bongo!
The Moviestorm Team

#9 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

Thanks guys:)
Moviestorm: It was a nice surprise to see the costumes on the front page smile.gif
I noticed that the guns weren't, so maybe my timing of them is not so good for you guys? Please let me know & I'd be happy to work within some guidelines you set out, I don't want to compete, just compliment what you produce. PM me if you like.

Mellowhardy: Thanks, I hope it will do the trick for you. You'll find the textures you're looking for in
Moviestorm Release\AddOn\MixedCostumes02\Data\Puppets\Male01\Costumes\M01_Military_Dress_01\Textures I suspect.

Tree, thanks a lot for clarifying that, you're much more organized than I am.

#10 apostolos

apostolos

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:03 PM

These are great. The only thing is they are invisible when i put them on a puppet.
Thanks Bongo.

Never mind I read Tree's post. Thanks.

#11 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

Awesome stuff Bongo! You just opened up a lot of doors biggrin.gif

#12 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (bongoman @ Jul 12 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, not really.

Do you need the mod workshop I've heard about to use this?

Major newb here.

[Edit] if it should be in the Dressing room I'm not seeing it. I am able to see other addons there though. [/edit]
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#13 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

This is quite an old mod, from july 2009, MS has chnaged a lot since then, you would have to check with Bongoman to see if its even compatible with 1.4

Also, as stated by Bongo...

This addon isn't going to be useful for Free-Be users, you would need some of the Short-Fuse addons; femalecostumes01, malecostumes01... and a few more of the clothing addons

You will need some of MS's official addons for this mod to work, as the mods are based on official MS costumes, currently we can olnly do retextures of existing constume, we cannot bring in our own costumes models as we can with props.

#14 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

No, you do not need the modshop to use mods. That is for creating mods.
You will need to install it though, which is pretty simple. When you start MS click the "Get More Content" button, and then click the "Install Addon" button that is in the window that pops up.
From there, navigate to where your file is on your hard drive and install the file.
Easy stuff! Hope the mod still works!

#15 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:33 AM

Does anyone know if this is the addon listed as "Bongo Bodys - Bongoman" in Brian Gray's Addon Vault?

If not, does anyone know what this addon does and if the other one is still around and works?

#16 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:31 AM

Does anyone know if this is the addon listed as "Bongo Bodys - Bongoman" in Brian Gray's Addon Vault?

If not, does anyone know what this addon does and if the other one is still around and works?

Yep, it is.This is the actual contents of the 'Bongo Bodys' addon:

Female01:
	CJacket (open) and Jeans.bodypart
	CJeans Zip Top.bodypart
	CLong Sleeve Pullover and Jeans.bodypart
	CLong sleeve top and trousers.bodypart

Male01:
	CFireman.bodypart
	CMilitary Dress Uniform.bodypart
	CShort Sleeve Shirt and Jeans.bodypart
	CSoldier_01.bodypart
	Gangster02Custom.bodypart
	Long Sleeve Top and JeansCustom.bodypart
	Polo-neck and JeansCustom.bodypart

Funny... Despite its name, the pack is signed by PapaG. Probably it's been republished to allow being used in recent versions of MS, since the original file seems to be dated back to early 2011.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM