• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:23 AM

Excellent tutorial, only problem I am having now is that most lines of text are not displaying the full sentence, they are getting lost beyond the forums template sad.gif

#22 ed

ed

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

The updated guide with images looks great, Squirly. I look forward to working through it soon.

(BTW, it displays fine in Opera Mobile 10)

#23 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (kv @ May 21 2010, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent tutorial, only problem I am having now is that most lines of text are not displaying the full sentence, they are getting lost beyond the forums template sad.gif

I agree, absolutely excellent tutorial, thank you so much smile.gif

I was having a similar problem to you KV. Images now seem to be working ok but it's also happening to me when I watch some videos (pages are all really sqiffy). Could be something to do with our browsers? (I am now using IE8 with windows 7).

This link will take you there: Celestina's Texture Collections ... COUNTRY COLLECTION Ready Now!

#24 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

Great tutorial Shirley, after working through it several times, I finally managed to make my first costume, its not much but its a start

The England World Cup 2010 Kit:

Attached File  englandkit.gif   38.71KB   28 downloads

Thanks for the help

forumsig.png

#25 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1910 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:12 PM

That looks great, Andy! Now that you've got the hang of it your next costume should be a lot easier to make.

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#26 apostolos

apostolos

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

I tried it and all was going well until i coldn't find it in MS cool.gif

#27 apostolos

apostolos

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

nevermind i found it this is great. rolleyes.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif

#28 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1910 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

Oh, good! I'm glad you found it! smile.gif

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#29 MikeLyons

MikeLyons

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

With all the tutorials being made, by MS staff and users, maybe someone should write a "Moviestorm For Dummies" book.

#30 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

what a fantastic idea, perhaps a group of moviestormers could form a co-op and write one togther

forumsig.png

#31 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5400 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (andy_price @ May 28 2010, 04:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what a fantastic idea,

laugh.gif
Yes I thought so too

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#32 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5400 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

Until then

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#33 MikeLyons

MikeLyons

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

Thanks so much for posting the costume modding how-to -- I followed it last night and managed to successfully make my own custom t-shirt texture. smile.gif

I am wondering if it's a similar process to customize props, faces, etc.

Mike

update - For Windows users... you don't need to shell out a lot of money to edit the DDS files... I did it using the free Paint.NET which supports the format.

#34 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

It is a simlar process to customise props or faces.

However, for props, there is a wizard (that works on template based props - right click on the template, and select 'retexture' and the wizard will do quite a few of the more complicated steps for you.)
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#35 apostolos

apostolos

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

is there a download link for this tutorial? tongue.gif

#36 neut

neut

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

Thanks for the tutorial. I decided to have a go at modding a costume (at long last lol), the problem I'm having though is my costume is far to dark. Any ideas why this is happening?

neut

#37 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (neut @ Jul 14 2010, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the tutorial. I decided to have a go at modding a costume (at long last lol), the problem I'm having though is my costume is far to dark. Any ideas why this is happening?

neut

Check that the tintable option isn't on and that a dark colour tint isn't being applied on top of your texture.

Another possible problem can occur when a bad Normal map has been applied, try removing any normal map to see if that helps.
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#38 neut

neut

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Jul 14 2010, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check that the tintable option isn't on and that a dark colour tint isn't being applied on top of your texture.

Another possible problem can occur when a bad Normal map has been applied, try removing any normal map to see if that helps.

Thanks Chris, I found that the dds file wasn't working I didn't realise I could save the image as a gif and use that which has worked (YAY!) I'm using a mac and have been struggling to find a dds converter.

#39 czechboysonic

czechboysonic

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:38 AM

Some useful assets from a loooong time ago that should still be useful in modding costumes http://www.moviestor...;showtopic=2624

Read to the bottom of the thread for my re-post of the Photoshop 'grids' involved.

This was stickied on the forums at the time as well, but with two subsequent re-organisations it looks like the sticky has disappeared smile.gif

#40 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

I was trying to mod the padded jacket closed to make it into a Chinese style jacket and I had no problems with the diff dds file or creating the addon but when I go into the Modder's Workshop, the body part is not there. This outfit is part of Wardrobe 01. The costume (not the one I modded but the original one) does show up in the movie.

Do some costumes use the same meshes? And if so how do I figure out which body part is for this costume? thanks for your help in advance.