• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1910 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, been busy the last couple of days. The Padded Jacket shows up in the Modders Workshop for me - between the Overalls and Paper Party Hat. I haven't found a Moviestorm costume that shares a mesh - some have variations like Suit 01 Open has 3 or 4 variations.

It sounds like you definitely have Wardrobe 01 installed, otherwise the costume wouldn't show up while you were filming. So, next question is...did it show up before and then stop showing up in Modders Workshop?

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#42 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (squirrelygirl @ Mar 31 2012, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, been busy the last couple of days. The Padded Jacket shows up in the Modders Workshop for me - between the Overalls and Paper Party Hat. I haven't found a Moviestorm costume that shares a mesh - some have variations like Suit 01 Open has 3 or 4 variations.

It sounds like you definitely have Wardrobe 01 installed, otherwise the costume wouldn't show up while you were filming. So, next question is...did it show up before and then stop showing up in Modders Workshop?

I will look for it again and yes even after I closed Modders Workshop, it does show up in the dressing room and is usable. I don't know why I can't find the body part for it in the Modders Workshop and thank you so much for answering my email. I really appreciate it.

#43 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

The modders workshop addon is needed to see some meshes and bodyparts in the modders workshop. Check that you have it installed.
http://www.moviestor...st=0#entry49085
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#44 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 2 2012, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The modders workshop addon is needed to see some meshes and bodyparts in the modders workshop. Check that you have it installed.
http://www.moviestor...st=0#entry49085

thanks Ben, I will check now and see if I have it. I am pretty sure I did install it but then I reinstalled Moviestorm awhile back and maybe it didn't install too.

#45 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

It is only needed for seeing existing costumes or objects; it is not needed for importing new stuff (eg from Sketchup), so if you have not been modding existing stuff, you might not have noticed it was missing.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#46 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 2 2012, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is only needed for seeing existing costumes or objects; it is not needed for importing new stuff (eg from Sketchup), so if you have not been modding existing stuff, you might not have noticed it was missing.

Right, I didn't have it installed. I just installed it. Thanks a lot, Ben. You guys are such a big help to me. And right, I have not done any modding for existing Moviestorm props or puppets or costumes. So of course I didn't realized I didn't have it.

Just got the Modders Workshop open and you were right Ben, there is the Padded Jacket and a whole lot of other costumes and accessories.

#47 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Finally, after some hours of work, I got it to show up. The only problem is that my texture does not show up however, I can change the image and add it that way in the dressing room. I know I put the right texture in the addon, but I will check to make sure. Anyway I think I have finally figured out how to do this and thanks to both Ben and Squirrleygirl for helping me out.

#48 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

Help me. Photoshop does not allow me to open DDS files 

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#49 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5404 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

You can use .png files instead, or download the free Paint.Net - it handles DDS fine.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#50 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:28 PM

Puede utilizar .png archivos en lugar, o descargar la Paint.Net gratuita - que maneja DDS bien.

But the files are in dds Moviestorm . How the change to PNG . to open them in photoshop ? Thanks in advance primaveranz .

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#51 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5404 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:35 PM

You will have to use paint.net or one of the free DDS converters e.g. http://image.online-.../convert-to-png

#52 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:12 PM

Usted tendrá que utilizar paint.net o uno de los conversores gratuitos DDS ejemplo  http://image.online-.../convert-to-png

Ok, thanks!  B)

#53 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5404 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:17 AM

De nada ;)

#54 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:39 PM

You can use .png files instead, or download the free Paint.Net - it handles DDS fine.

There is also a plugin for Gimp that gets the job done quite well.

También existe un plugin para Gimp que funciona de maravilla.

EDIT:

Another option is Irfanview, which can open dds files and offers an option for converting/processing a number of files in a batch, a rather convenient feature if you have a lot of textures to convert.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#55 Daneel

Daneel

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

Hey all.

I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

I'm trying to mod a costume texture by following SquirrleyGirl's tutorial. All has gone well until i try to open the bodyparts folder under Female01.

I open the folder and there is nothing in it, even after waiting a few minutes for it to populate. I looked further down this thread  and it seems that maybe I have to install a Modders Workshop addon in order to be able to view the files in that folder?

That said, I'm using MS 1.7.1 and the only version of the MW addon I've seen so far is for V1.5. Will V1.5 addon work with MS 1.7.1,  or is there a new addon version somewhere? Or do I even need that and am I, in fact doing something wrong? Thanks in advance, i'm looking forward to completing this. it will open up a world of possibilities :)

#56 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:08 PM

Given Shirley due credit as the original author, here you are a pdf version of her tutorial about retexturing costumes.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#57 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5404 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

Will V1.5 addon work with MS 1.7.1,  or is there a new addon version somewhere? Or do I even need that and am I, in fact doing something wrong? Thanks in advance, i'm looking forward to completing this. it will open up a world of possibilities :)

Yes it will work and you do really need it. It is possible to edit all the required files manually but that is fairly involved, even for someone with a fair bit of experience. Also the Modderworkshop is free so why not use it? ;)