I am using Windows 7 64 Ultimate and 1.4 works fine for me wink.gif

#182 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

scriptor:
The log you put in the post sugests that there is an installation error of some sort - it isnt finding the files it needs in the new SpareHeads addon, or it is finding them in the wrong place, and getting confused.

I would sugest that you do a re-installation in a different folder (dont uninstall your current version yet).
Then follow the patching instructions, once your new install is installed.
Then check whether it works. If it does (which hopefully it should), you can then copy over the addon folders for your mods from your previous install. Dont copy over any of our addons, though - they will have been handled by the reinstall.
Then try it again - hopefully it still works, but if it doesnt, it is one of the addons you had just copied over.

Let us know how it goes, please.

PS: Please use the attachment upload for any future logs - it makes the thread much easier to read.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#183 drudges

drudges

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:49 PM

I have really enjoyed being able to create loads of different faces and such for my movies. No longer will everyones films always have the same actors in them. I had a go at recreating a character i made using iclone and i was really pleased with how it turned out.

Super dooper stuff!
Current main project 'REVENGE'

'A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man'

#184 Overman

Overman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:35 AM

Overall, I'm loving 1.4 beta. The character creation power really leads the way for sure, but I also like the new lighting options. Loving the lack of neck seam on the characters. The program seems to load faster, and doesn't seem to run out of memory quite as fast. I see some number indicators on sliders where I didn't notice them before, maybe I'm a doofus and they've been around since 1.1 but they seem new. That one's a long time request, thank you!. Also LOVING the new color definition panel; the wheel makes it much easier to hone in on a color I want, and the hex code to copy/paste is very helpful. Would still love color cloning (and texture cloning) to be as easy as an eye dropper kind of thing, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Just all in all good stuff.

I did find a couple things I want to mention. Terribly sorry if any of these have been mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't have time tonight to read all ten pages of it (and let me just say, KUDOS to the community for giving that much 1.4 feedback!)

1) With the new "universal head" - if you put glasses on a character it does something really funky to the eyes - almost like a negative image of the eye texture. Affects the whole eye, not just the pupil.

2) Is it me, or do characters not seem to listen to "Look At" commands with the same priority that they used to? It used to be, Look At tended to override anything else going on animation wise, as long as the head could crane around in the right direction. It now appears that when animations involving the head/neck are engaged, they take over and Look At is ignored. I much prefer it where the Look At takes precedence, since I could always turn it off for a gesture if I wanted them to freely look about. Example: A seated character is given the Angry Tantrum command while having been given a Look At to a character standing nearby; the Angry Tantrum takes over, he stops looking at the person. Actually, Look At isn't working terribly well even when he's sitting forward and relatively idle. I haven't tested a ton of animations with it, but it appears to be affecting the ones I have tried.

3) Is it me, or are characters sometimes doing slight improvs even when they are told not to? Example: In the same scene described above with the guy throwing an Angry Tantrum, there's another character on the other side of the room who turns his head slightly in angry guy's direction as soon as the tantrum begins. The "other guy" in question has both Look Ats and Improvs turned off for his mood, AND I even tried turning off ALL improvs for the movie. AND, he has been given a Look At for a particular prop. Something happens when the angry guy starts his gesture, and my guy ignores global settings, ignores mood settings, and ignores my Look At Prop command and turns his head about 15 degrees in the direction of angry guy. Strange, and quite bothersome for the scene, since it so happens it's REALLY important he be looking where he's told to look.

I'll close with a story. I've had a movie in the queue that I'd all but given up on making in Moviestorm, simply because I needed to have some brothers and their father, and I wanted to tweak their genetics (Sims-style) to make them appear related but not identical save hair. The new character creation screen made that really really easy to do. A father and three sons in about an hour, most of that was tweaking the father. Then I saved Daddy to stock, reloaded him as new characters and tweaked each of them to be his sons. Would not have been achievable (in any reasonable way) until now. THANK YOU Moviestorm.
Phil "Overman" Rice
Zarathustra Studios - http://z-studios.com
You can connect with us On Twitter, On Facebook, On YouTube, and On Vimeo.

#185 skratchmasta

skratchmasta

Master Director

• Mods
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

Hi Phil,

1. Yes were aware of that. I for one hated that bug tongue.gif, but guess what? We have a fix in place and it seems to be following through very well so expect it fixed in the 1.4.1 release later this week.

2. Hmm, not sure about this one cant say Ive noticed it but when you add dialogue to a character there is now a tick box feature saying 'look at me when I'm talking to you' which may suggest their have been some changes to the hierarchy. I think this calls for some testing smile.gif

3. Haven't noticed anything like this either, could be that is a major bug. You definitely turned improv off via the script window rather than the mood changer window right? tongue.gif Could you send us an example (zip the movie up and email it to me at alex(dot)gowland(at)moviestorm(dot)co(dot)uk) as I'm rather intrigued.

Glad to hear you got your movie finished Overman. Look forward to seeing it.

Regards,
Alex
Alex Gowland
Moviestorm Ltd.

#186 scripter

scripter

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (bpgueze @ Aug 31 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh not really, cause, I am using Windows 7 and the new version of Moviestorm 1.4 shots down alot in fact, Movestorm 1.2 works fine in Vista. So I am yet to survey an OS for 1.4 to work excellent on.

I'm using Windows 7 and I still can't get MS 1.4 to work properly. I'm having problems with the dressing room... I can't access it and I've tried everything.

I even tried clucking like a chicken while it was dowloading but that didn't help.
Master Mind

#187 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:55 PM

According to the dev blog, we should have an Official Release of 1.4 very shortly...

Please bear with us while we sort out the final hiccups, and hopefully there should be an easy-to-install version coming over the next few days.

Oh, and scripter;- I often try that trick, and it doesn't work for me either. wink.gif

Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#188 gitsch

gitsch

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

It seemes you've resolved the problem of the camera directional letter controls freezing. The ADWSRF stuff works great now. This is very good. Camera placement work in 1.3 was a lot of multiple attempts, cussings and settlings.

#189 bpgueze

bpgueze

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

Movie 1.4 is crashing all the time on my machine I have WIndows 7 (x86) with 4gig bites of RAM.P lease advise. What is the OS recommended.

And can you all tell me what OS is on yo ur machine

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x69921d12, pid=5956, tid=2896
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Server VM (11.0-b11 mixed mode windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C [atioglxx.dll+0x8f1d12]
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/...eport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#190 bpgueze

bpgueze

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Sep 8 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to the dev blog, we should have an Official Release of 1.4 very shortly...

Please bear with us while we sort out the final hiccups, and hopefully there should be an easy-to-install version coming over the next few days.

Oh, and scripter;- I often try that trick, and it doesn't work for me either. wink.gif

Amos Moviestorm 1.4 is crashing all the time on my machine I have WIndows 7 (x86) with 4gig bites of RAM.P lease advise. What is the OS recommended.

And can you all tell me what OS is on yo ur machine

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x69921d12, pid=5956, tid=2896
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpotâ„¢ Server VM (11.0-b11 mixed mode windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C [atioglxx.dll+0x8f1d12]
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/...eport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#191 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Overman @ Sep 8 2010, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2) Is it me, or do characters not seem to listen to "Look At" commands with the same priority that they used to? It used to be, Look At tended to override anything else going on animation wise, as long as the head could crane around in the right direction. It now appears that when animations involving the head/neck are engaged, they take over and Look At is ignored. I much prefer it where the Look At takes precedence, since I could always turn it off for a gesture if I wanted them to freely look about. Example: A seated character is given the Angry Tantrum command while having been given a Look At to a character standing nearby; the Angry Tantrum takes over, he stops looking at the person. Actually, Look At isn't working terribly well even when he's sitting forward and relatively idle. I haven't tested a ton of animations with it, but it appears to be affecting the ones I have tried.

Since your post about this issue, I have specifically paid attention to this particular detail while working on my 2 current movies.
I haven't experienced this so far. The "look at" had always priority over other gestures/animations that I used, so that while "look at" was on, my characters wouldn't carry out animations that required them to look away. For such gestures/animations to work, I needed to "disable" the "look at" temporarily.

I have now also tested (recreated) the "angry tantrum" following your description. The animation involves head movement (bow forward), and this indeed makes the character stop to look in the face of the standing character - however he still looks in the direction of the standing character (tried it with moving the standing character around).

#192 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hi bpgueze,
Moviestorm should run fine under Windows 7 (both 32 and 64-bit versions).
The error log that you have posted would indicate that your graphics card driver is crashing. The first thing I would suggest is going to the ATI website and seeing if later drivers are available.
Let us know how you get on.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#193 ungasis10

ungasis10

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

i have a problem in my created movie.how can i erase the link "www.moviestorm.net" in my created movie?
:-(

#194 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1143 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (ungasis10 @ Aug 21 2011, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a problem in my created movie.how can i erase the link "www.moviestorm.net" in my created movie?
:-(

Buy the software or make a subscription