4 replies to this topic

#1 Captaintank27

Captaintank27

Upcoming director

• Staff
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

Hey folks.

As you all by now (I hope)I am currently at the trying to push Moviestorm education out to the masses and I am hoping you might be able to help me a little bit.

Im looking to create some lesson plan templates (or movies even) and I was hoping you kind folks here could throw some suggestions my why as to what sort you would like too see?.

Im throwing this question out to everyone but ideally I would really like to hear from any teachers or students that have given our lesson plan roster the once over and could recommend any lesson plans or templates they would like too see.

Thanks in advance and drop me a message if you want to go into more detail about your idea or suggestion.

Thanks a lot

Tank

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

My daughter's school and eventually the whole school district is purchasing Moviestorm. My daughter's school is just waiting for the approval to install the software which takes about six months. When they do get the software installed, I will be training the teachers how to use Moviestorm. My daughter goes to a special school and it goes from first grade through senior year in high school so there are all age groups. I have met a lot of the kids from there and they are very imaginative and are going to love making movies. I am going to write the principle and ask her for some ideas for lesson plans.

#3 bchtchr6

bchtchr6

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

You will find that any lesson that is a written report can easily be adapted for use with Moviestorm. Teachers can also use it to introduce a project. Make sure that as you start working with the students that the teachers take an active role in the training as well. They will need to understand the software and how it functions to answer questions when you are not available. Good luck!

#4 chadaproductions

chadaproductions

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

What about Citizenship? (Name Varies from school to school, its that lesson where you learn Social things, the effects of smoking, mortgages and finance, racism, GM foods, government, all that kind of things)
What about the students had to make an advert relating to the effects of smoking or something? If PapaG/KV's Smoking Mod, and Chris Ollis' Ashtray mod where included in a special "Moviestorm Citizenship Education Pack" for schools somehow, would that not get kids thinking? Just a thought. An advert, of course, could work on other things. Or what about a news report on people campaigning against GM foods, and the students had to include the positive's and negative of GM?
Just a few thoughts!

Chada Productions
Video Production & Animation

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

#5 Captaintank27

Captaintank27

Upcoming director

• Staff
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

Brilliant input so far guys.

Any more suggestions? I was thinking about some more drama based ones, perhaps using film as an example within Moviestorm?