• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Uploaded another version with a few more changes; see original post (edit at the bottom).
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#42 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'm loving the lighting changes in the modders workshop.
It shows up the black patch problem on models which sometimes occurs under tri-lighting without the need to publish and use the addon in MS before you spot it.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#43 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

And the undo for the lighting direction and the snapshot locator put a big smile on my face. Thanks Ben! wink.gif

#44 MefuneAkira

MefuneAkira

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (kwistufa @ Aug 30 2013, 4:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
  • The 'Nod' & 'shake' head gestures so far are Great while looking at 'something' or someone'.
  • The eliminating of 'Improvisation' in the 1st 'Change Mood' of the 1st character/Puppet (& flow on of other Characters) is also great..

I'm liking specifically the same.

The "look at, while nod/shake" is something Ive been whining about for years. Nice addition.

I have to admit, I as hoping for more with 1.6.0.

#45 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

hmm, seems I messed up when updating to the latest 1.6.0 beta, like an idiot I accidentally updated my main 1.5.4 install sad.gif

Is there anyway i can get 1.5.4 back other than having to totally re-download/Install it?

Scrub that, managed to get it back to 1.5.4 using Windows 7 restore for individual folders, seems to be back to 1.5.4 and working again.

#46 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Ben, I am unable to add animations using the "Add Verb/ Prop Solo" route in Modders Workshop. The list of animations always shows up blank now. I have to manually edit the Verbs file and the prop works OK in Moviestorm. I don't think anything else has changed in the way I do things so am attributing it to this Beta release.

#47 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

I've been working with the beta on my new movies, no new bugs discovered smile.gif

Question:
Would it be possible to add the option to arrange the available sets according to the alphabet? I have quite a few MS sets and my custom sets, and it's driving me insane to find the one that I'm looking for tongue.gif

#48 ArthurVKuhrmeier

ArthurVKuhrmeier

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Dear Moviestormelopers,

so far the new update looks pretty good. I like the new "Mood" dialogue very much. Adding lighting in the modder's workshop finally explains why so many mods have soooooo bright colors...

I noticed one glitch in the Director's View. When characters interact the action appears only on the timeline of the character which was selected when applying the interaction. But it's completely missing on the timeline of the other character.

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Sep 22 2013, 3:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would it be possible to add the option to arrange the available sets according to the alphabet?

I totally agree. The gestures are organized alphabetically, and it would be a great help if everything was: the scene sets, the characters, all the other presets, just everything smile.gif.

The translucent gizmo is definitely a great help, but it is still way too tiny for small props. I'd like to see a gizmo with thinner but longer arrows that also has a minimum size. To position some props you need a larger view of your scene, but then the gizmo is so small that it is impossible to move it. Very often I want to move a prop but miss the arrow and turn it instead. That's annoying. Longer arrows would make that easier.

Another huge benefit would be the possibility to adjust the position of accessories. Very often they get in the way with the hair or the costume which makes them impossible to use!

The splash screen after launching Moviestorm has enough space to add an "Empty Movie" button. This way I wouldn't have to wait for the movie templates to load which I hardly use anyway. Most of the time you need an empty movie.

The export allows image sequences which I use a lot -- JPEG still is the best compression wink.gif. But then I need the audio also and I have to render the whole video again. Very time consuming -- so adding a "WAV audio export" would be a magnificent option.

Thanks for your great work, love and success,
Arthur smile.gif

#49 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

Also, in case no-one else already mentioned it, the splash screen still advertises 1.5.3.

#50 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

Where do I access this?:-

"Partial head look at lets one look and nod or shake the head at the same time."

#51 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Sep 24 2013, 6:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where do I access this?:-

"Partial head look at lets one look and nod or shake the head at the same time."

After using "look at", right click the eye icon on the timeline and choose from the different options (look with eyes, head or both; small, normal or strong (override current gestures) effect, etc. smile.gif

#52 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Sep 24 2013, 6:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After using "look at", right click the eye icon on the timeline and choose from the different options (look with eyes, head or both; small, normal or strong (override current gestures) effect, etc. smile.gif

I looked at that but didn't make the connection. I'll try it out wink.gif

#53 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

I've just noticed a strange thing. When I save a character to stock, it saves without problems. If I want to create a new movie and load the saved character from stock, its name is shown correctly on the list of characters, but when I load it into the movie, it gets its generic/original name back (e.g. female) instead of the saved name. blink.gif

#54 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Sep 24 2013, 5:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just noticed a strange thing. When I save a character to stock, it saves without problems. If I want to create a new movie and load the saved character from stock, its name is shown correctly on the list of characters, but when I load it into the movie, it gets its generic/original name back (e.g. female) instead of the saved name. blink.gif

This is not a change - the filename of a stock character does not have to match the characters name.
If your character is called 'Bob' and you save as 'Bob in overalls' and later as 'Bob in suit', then you will do fine. If you save 'Bob' with the filename 'Fred' then you are likely to become confused later when you load 'Fred' and end up with 'Bob' again.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#55 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5262 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Sep 22 2013, 4:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ben, I am unable to add animations using the "Add Verb/ Prop Solo" route in Modders Workshop. The list of animations always shows up blank now. I have to manually edit the Verbs file and the prop works OK in Moviestorm. I don't think anything else has changed in the way I do things so am attributing it to this Beta release.

Bump wink.gif

#56 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Sep 25 2013, 7:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bump wink.gif

Yup, got a fix for this (thanks for finding it), and for the Ambient sound menu being empty, and let people change the stock set order. I should be able to make you a build next week.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#57 Ichikaidan

Ichikaidan

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Sep 26 2013, 2:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the Ambient sound menu.

Great work you are doing.
But i have a question concerning ambient sound as to whether it will be possible to import one's own sounds into the menu?
Thanks and best wishes
Creating situations and learning to see.

#58 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Ichikaidan @ Sep 26 2013, 6:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great work you are doing.
But i have a question concerning ambient sound as to whether it will be possible to import one's own sounds into the menu?
Thanks and best wishes

It should just be a matter of making an addon that contains audio in '[addon name]/Data/Sound/Ambient'.
The menu should be scanning the addons for any audio files in those folders (although it was having issues with paths that started with ./[addon name] being the same as those starting with [addon name] - you might want to try it in 1.5.4 for the moment till I get a new version out next week).

Or you can just add your sound in the cutting room, rather than associating it with a set. Sometimes that is preferable.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#59 Ichikaidan

Ichikaidan

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Sep 26 2013, 6:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Set Ambient sounds

dear Ben thank you for enlightening me, but i meant the ambient sounds that can be used in set builder mode, even if there is no prop chosen. This seems to be closed for external content.
And yes i use ambient sounds in editing room.
Thanks again, and very best wishes for the progress and precise work you are doing.
Greets
Creating situations and learning to see.

#60 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Not really a 1.6.0 bug this, but maybe something you can fix in 1.6.0

I have noticed when I re-installed MS recently that some gestures and a walk gait which are included in the Photostorm addons are not included in the equivalent main addon, for example

Gait Sexy Walk (In Photostorm Valentines but not in the main Valetine addon)
Gesture Preen (In Phtostorm Valentines but not in the main Valentine addon)
Big Look Around Frightened (In Photostorm Holidays, not in Happy Holidays or any other main addon)

Only noticed this as I didn't bother to install the photostorm stuff as I own all the main addon packs, but now have to have all the photosotrm packs installed too just on case there are any others.

Is this an oversight are did you leave this out of the main packs for a reason, and if not is it something you can sort, doesn't really affect me as I have access photostorm but aren't those packs only available to older users?