• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

Hi, does anyone know how I could modify a face, or create tattoos, my own scars? Is the makeup folder out there?

Thanks!

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

Modifying a puppet head means basically modifiying its mesh. I'd use one of the stock heads provided with MS and its content packages as a starting point.

Regarding the tatoos and scars (decals), there is a thread here describing the basics of the procedure. It's not a very complex task; the most complicated part is arranging the directory hierarchy and files required. As a guide, I'd take a look at the contents of the Free Stitches addon provided by Chris Ollie. Nevertheless, I may prepare an archive including kind of a template, to make things a bit easier for you.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 Ralvaz1

Ralvaz1

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:37 PM

How complicated it is to do it in Moviestorm. I thought it would be something simpler, like in The Movies, you take the model of a template, you work the DDS in photoshop and you put it in the folder following the series of the last created

Thanks jamoram!

Human beings are complicated. not ask to be born. Do not know how to live. Do not want to die

#4 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

Not as complicated as it may sound. Essentially, it's the same, with the additional requirement of a file describing the properties of the asset.

Also, decals in Moviestorm can easily repositioned, resized and re-tinted by the user. Can be same be done in 'The Movies'?  I'd rather stick to Moviestorm, in spite of The Movies being a far more popular platform: it's much more powerful and capable in every respect, despite its too very well known shortcomings :)

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM