25 replies to this topic

#1 BryanproductionTWD

BryanproductionTWD

Film Critic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

Movie storm 2.0 Release : Children Added / Animals ?? tongue.gif

That would be lovely or if you guys can make it possible to lower the height / weight of a figure that'd be amazing!

Also animals like cat's dog would be a dramatic change in this software !

Also sorry if in wrong section but any one know where i can get zombie biting someone in moviestorm??
( Mod ) or so?
Also any place i can render my movie in HD 720 or so ?
BryanOrtiz

#2 BryanproductionTWD

BryanproductionTWD

Film Critic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

Movie storm 2.0 Release : Children Added / Animals ?? tongue.gif

That would be lovely or if you guys can make it possible to lower the height / weight of a figure that'd be amazing!

Also animals like cat's dog would be a dramatic change in this software !

Also sorry if in wrong section but any one know where i can get zombie biting someone in moviestorm??
( Mod ) or so?
Also any place i can render my movie in HD 720 or so ?
BryanOrtiz

#3 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

Agreed.

My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#4 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (BryanproductionTWD @ Oct 20 2014, 5:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
( Mod ) or so?

That's part of the Dark Romance pack:
https://www.moviesto...tent_pack?id=56

#5 BryanproductionTWD

BryanproductionTWD

Film Critic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Oct 20 2014, 7:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's part of the Dark Romance pack:
https://www.moviesto...tent_pack?id=56

Thanks but i meant like a "zombie" actually Biting and attacking a person , not a vampire slightly "baby biting"

tongue.gif
BryanOrtiz

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

Please move this conversation to the Help or Feedback threads.
Thanks.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#7 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:16 AM

Well if we're shooting for the stars here, my big wish would be for 64 bit architecture. smile.gif Home computers have come a long way in the 7 years since MS was first released, and most setups are capable of supporting dramatically higher system resources than what MS is capable of handling.

It would be fantastic to have a wider range of puppets like kids, animals, etc -- but even if those were available tomorrow, I would still feel the tight constraints of 32 bit resources and the omni-present spectre of MS's memory limitations. That feels like putting the cart before the horse to me, but! I say this knowing that we all have different needs and objectives. I'm all for whatever supports the needs of the many.

#8 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (mattzart30 @ Oct 21 2014, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if we're shooting for the stars here, my big wish would be for 64 bit architecture....It would be fantastic to have a wider range of puppets like kids, animals, etc -- but even if those were available tomorrow, I would still feel the tight constraints of 32 bit resources.

Agreed. Adding more resources without first adding the processing power to handle them is hurting this wonderful bit of software.
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#9 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

The big obstacle for getting a 64 bit version is getting recompiled versions of all the native libraries that Moviestorm uses.

This presents twofold problems - one, I need to work out how to compile all the native libraries we have produced. And two, we need to get hold of 64 bit versions of the libraries that we have not made internally - the lipsync module, for example.

Windows users with lots of addons might consider looking into using the /3GB windows boot options, which allows 32 bit processes access to 3GB of address space rather than 2GB.
http://msdn.microsof.....v=vs.85).aspx
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#10 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:18 PM

Any chance there is a comparable approach for Mac users? smile.gif

#11 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Oct 22 2014, 8:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The big obstacle for getting a 64 bit version is getting recompiled versions of all the native libraries that Moviestorm uses.

So this is in the realm of practicality...Cool. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Oct 22 2014, 8:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Windows users with lots of addons might consider looking into using the /3GB windows boot options, which allows 32 bit processes access to 3GB of address space rather than 2GB.
http://msdn.microsof.....v=vs.85).aspx

Good to know. Thanks. smile.gif
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#12 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (mattzart30 @ Oct 22 2014, 8:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any chance there is a comparable approach for Mac users? smile.gif

From what I've been reading, it's not needed - due to the way OSX is built, 32 bit processes can address 4GB already.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#13 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:28 AM

Ah, good news. Thanks for checking up on that for us. smile.gif

#14 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Oct 23 2014, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I've been reading, it's not needed - due to the way OSX is built, 32 bit processes can address 4GB already.

Ben, just a thought, I have been working with Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) programs forma while and have seen the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit. Many of the virtual music instruments which were. Originally written 32 bit were unusable in the newly written 64 bit DAWs until someone wrote a program called JBridge. This program allows you to use a 64 bit dll in a 32 bit program and a 32 bit dll in a 64 bit program. It provides a skeleton that does the conversion.
Is this usable at all. Are these libraries written as dll?
I may be totally wrong here. Just a thought. BTW i have JBridge. i think its like 30 bucks.

#15 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (pedrosura @ Oct 24 2014, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW i have JBridge. i think its like 30 bucks.

I have used JBridge as well. I used it when Sibelius was a 32 bit process and EWQL's VSTi engine was 64 bit. While it definitely worked and I could use the 64 bit process in a 32 bit program, my experience (on a windows machine at the time) was that it was far from stable. Once Sibelius went 64 bit natively, all of those issues went away. That being said, I don't know if the instability was a result of the bridging, the VSTi, or Sibelius -- lots of factors there! I'm just throwing into the mix that I was much happier when Sibelius went to 64 bit natively. smile.gif

#16 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

That's on my wish list laugh.gif
I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#17 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

Gee, I'd wish MS puppets could hold hands a bit longer than the timed version, or even hold each other while dancing. Please create options for children, pregnancy, pets, and doors left ajar, new wardrobe female/male. Much appreciated.
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#18 alonzo11208

alonzo11208

Master Director

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

There was once a long wishlist floating around here, that Im sure would fit perfectly here.

What Id want to see?

The under the hood upgrades sound good (move to 64bit, etc), but mostly Id love to get a keyframable Gizmo. That would help cut out a large chunk of post production with say vehicles and the not. Also, would like to see more compositing options available. Yes we can do greenscreen/chromakeying, but what would be cool is being able to render out just certain elements of our film and have everything else be invisible, even the background if we wish. Think render layers.
Shadows of Fire
Shadows of Fire Encyclopedia

Creater of Shadows of Fire

#19 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (alonzo11208 @ Oct 27 2014, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think render layers.

I'll second that. It is very labor intensive to create the render layers yourself, especially when there are moving shots or moving props in the foreground layers. It would be great to do "inverse selection" chroma keying.

#20 mos6507

mos6507

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:22 PM

IMHO, a true Moviestorm 2.0 should be a ground-up rewrite and not just an attempt to port a 7+ year old 32-bit codebase over to 64-bit.