• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

There are graphics programs that create Skyboxes. It would be great if there could be a way of setting up a box prim with 6 faces and then place the puppets or vehicles inside and film. i did a search to see if this was ever proposed but didnt find anything.

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

I'm pretty sure Angribuddhist(?) made a greenscreen one somewhere along the line....

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:55 PM

I'm pretty sure Angribuddhist(?) made a greenscreen one somewhere along the line....

Not sure, but are you talking about this?

http://dl.dropboxuse...ation.addon.zip

It includes these props:

Blue Room
Blue Room_No Floor
Green Room
Green Room_Bare Boned
Green Room_No Floor
Prim_BackDrop_Bluescreen
Prim_BackDrop_Bluescreen_ZS
Prim_BackDrop_Greenscreen
Prim_BackDrop_Greenscreen_ZS

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#4 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

Let me explain myself...I am referring to a box (cube) of emissive prims configured to surround the set eg. Side East West North South, Up Down. Skyboxes are used as the background in a lot of games because they can be rendered instantly. The advantage of a Skybox to green screens is that when you pan the camera around the actor or vehicle you do not need to track the camera motion like you do with green screens. I have looked to see if anybody had created one and I guess nobody has done it. I will try...

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

Not sure I understand what you mean, given that you want a "skybox" and not a "skydome", and that prop is simply a 3d all-surrounding box that you can put anything you want on?

I suspect I would hide the terrain and work with the built-in Sky anyway.

#6 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

Not sure I understand what you mean, given that you want a "skybox" and not a "skydome", and that prop is simply a 3d all-surrounding box that you can put anything you want on?

I suspect I would hide the terrain and work with the built-in Sky anyway.

I have experimented with doing a Skybox in Moviestorm. What it is  involves creating a square prim (emissive) and using the square prim to create a six sided cub. Then you load siv images on this cube front, back, left, right, top and bottom. you place the puppets inside and you can pan the camera around. The environment will appear three dimensional. What is difficult is placing the six faces perfectly with no gaps. It has to be done manually to get it perfect. Perhaps modifying the files with the prim location. 

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:54 PM

How does that differ from Angribuddhist's version? 

#8 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:13 PM

How does that differ from Angribuddhist's version? 

The problem with green screening is that you can not rotate the camera around the puppet because you would need camera tracking. So the idea is to create a cube that has a prim that appears to cover everything around the puppet even though it is a cube. You can rotate the camera around the puppet without needing camera tracking since you are staying in MS for the shot. 

i don't know if Angribuddhist's created an emissive cube where you could load six images. If he did, I would like to have it. By version, do you mean that   Angribuddhist has a Skybox for MS. A Skybox does not use green screens..

#9 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5224 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

Why not just create a cube in SketchUp with the faces pointing inwards and make their materials emissive and able to take an image?

#10 pedrosura

pedrosura

Master Director

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:55 AM

Why not just create a cube in SketchUp with the faces pointing inwards and make their materials emissive and able to take an image?

I have no yet created emissive prims but yes, that is what I have to do. It  would also help if I figure out which orientation every image has to have to work as a skybox prim. I'm surprised I haven't seen this done here in MS