2 replies to this topic

#1 DylanFree

DylanFree

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:09 AM

;) Hey everyone!

I've decided after quite a bit of thought that I'm probably going to end up modding for both films. Which means that before I even use the Moviestorm software {or even Sketchup for that matter} I will either need to get a 3D scanner {right now because of my situation I would get a handheld scanner} or 3D scanning software. I'm still kind of waiting for staff at Trimble {makers of Sketchup} to get back to me. The first five months of the animation course that I am going to be taking is bookwork {English Composition, and a course called literally psychology of play} etc etc. And the actual animation courses use Adobe Photoshop among other things to make characters. And I'm not sure if I can import that type of character into either Sketchup or Moviestorm. Can tat actually be done?

Get back to me on this,

Thanks again!

Dylan  ;)

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

You mean Adobe Photoshop, the high-end image editing software? I can't afford it, but unless they've implemented some some form of 3D model editing functionalities, I'm afraid is of not use, apart from for merely sketching the models.

What kind of assets are you interested in creating? If characters, I would go for some specialized tools: there are lots of them out there (Daz3D, Poser, MakeHuman, etc), yet I must confess I'm not acquainted with them, apart from some testing with Makehuman. The hard part of the work, though, is converting the models generated with those tool into something Moviestorm might use. To make a long story short, that implies skinning (both rigging the mesh of the model, binding its vertices to one of the Moviestorm characters' skeleton and maybe texturing), which may be a mighty involved task.

In any case, I'd suggest you take a look at the pages in the Moviestorm's site devoted to modding , then searching and browsing thru the modding forums (plenty of wisdom and resources waiting to be re-discovered) and asking.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:18 PM

Sure it isn't a 2D animation course you are doing?

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"