• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:13 PM

We just received this from the people doing Schooltoons, in which we'er featured. If you're based in the East of England, please consider entering!

Dear Teachers and Students

Schooltoons and Cinema City in Norwich are now launching an exciting animation competition for young people. To tie in with the Schooltoons initiative we are also inviting teachers to attend the Schooltoons INSETday at Norwich University College of the Arts.

So far we collected over £2000 in competition prizes and the first 5 competition entries (storyboard or animation) will receive a free copy of CrazyTalk.

If you register for the INSET day by 31st December your school can become an innovative ?Moviestorm Pilot School?.

For more information please visit www.schooltoons.com

Download the free Schooltoons resource pack from www.schooltoons.com to help you make a prize-winning storyboard and an award-winning animation.

Good luck, please do spread the word and share this e-mail with colleagues, students and friends.

Closing Date: Friday, 27th February 2009

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

Regards
Britta Pollmüller
Schooltoons Festival Co-ordinator
brittap@mediaprojectseast.co.uk

Media Projects East
www.mediaprojectseast.co.uk
Tel: 01603 504879

Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:14 PM

That is a really good textbook they have on their site. Even though I live in the US and can't participate, that textbook is very useful and easy to understand so I recommend it.

#3 neut

neut

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:03 AM

hallelujah hallelujahhallelujah. Sorry was that the sound of angels ringing in my ears. This resource looks fantastic, and something I feel I will use in the classroom. Does Oxford count as East or as its central England do I have the choice laugh.gif

#4 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:20 PM

I think you're outside their area, neut, but give Britta a call and ask her.
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder