pan camera horizontal along a street

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

Hi

Newbie here. I am getting to grips with the program (superb by the way) and have written scriptc for a new project. I want tp start by building a long queue of people along a wall and panning along it with the camera.

I'm fine with the wall and queue build and know how to keep the camera on a walking target, but unsure how to pan the camera all the way along the static wall and queue wall as if the camera is on a dolly track running parallel with he wall.

Any advice please? I've looked through the forum and videos but cant seem to find it.

I'm also interested to learn a bit more about keyframing in MS. I know the keyframe starts a cut but again, I cant find detail on it.

I'd be really grateful if you could point me in the right direction

regards

dennis

#2 Bazlawton31

Bazlawton31

Novice director

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:49 PM

Hello Dennis, I'm not sure if this is the correct way to pan a shot but this works for me.

You only need to frame up your first and last character.

Frame up your first character then press cut, then move your timeline marker up to about 10 seconds, but this will depend on how many characters and how fast you want the pan, so ajust accordingly. Then move to your last character and frame it up as you want and click "move to" the camera should now pan across all your characters.

Hope this helps,

Barry

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:55 PM

Frame your first shot and choose "Jump camera to this view" (the red arrow).

Don't target the first person (i.e. if the yellow crosshairs appear then click on them to remove them.)

Move the timeline a few seconds on.

Hold down the mouse wheel and move the camera to your last position and choose  "Move camera to this view" (the green arrow).

Again make sure you remove the target symbol if it appears.

Holding down the wheel makes the camera pan smoothly rather than rotate.

Using the targets can cause unwanted results in situations like this.

Also have you watched all these:- http://www.moviestor...torials#Cameras

Cheers.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"