• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:49 PM

Our beta test community is growing rapidly, but we need even more of you to tell us what you think of it so far, and what you want to see in it. Beta testers get free access right now to the latest releases of Moviestorm, updated every couple of weeks, to the latest content packs, and to the beta testers' forums. But most importantly, you get to help shape the future of what we think will become the most exciting way to create films!

If you're already a registered beta tester, tell your friends and get them to come along.

If you're not a registered beta tester, just log in to the forum and put in an application here. We'll generally get back to you within one working day.

In order to be a beta tester, you will need:
* Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a little patience.
* A reasonably modern PC running Vista, Windows XP or Windows 2000, with a good graphics card, at least 2GB of free disk space, and plenty of RAM
* A good broadband connection (you will need to be able to download 500+ MB at a time)
* And, for legal reasons, you will have to agree to a confidentiality agreement.

You don't need to be an experienced machinimator. You don't need to have made a movie. Any age, any nationality, whoever you are - come and join in! We'll have some goodies on offer shortly for all the early beta testers, so come in now, before we officially declare Moviestorm open to the public.
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#2 Cruleworld

Cruleworld

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:41 PM

you should advertise over at lionhead I'm sure you would get lots of people.

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

If it is allright with you, I can start a thread about Moviestorm over at Lionhead. I don't know how Lionhead will feel about that though. I have a movie coming out tonight that I will put on VEOH and in the credits I wll put some information about Moviestorm. I will give you the link first though before I give it out. Also there are a lot of movie making communities on the internet - machinima and others. This program will be of interest to more than just Machinima movie makers because it doesn't depend at all upon content from any games - it just uses the game engine. My movies do really well over on VEOH Google and Ifilm so my new one shold get lots of watchers.

And by the way, it is fantastic. I have had no problems at all using the software. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 new Media Direct laptop computer.with 1 g of memory and the best graphics card Dell makes. And I have a big harddrive, plus we have a network drive here at home so I have lots of space for movies, artwork whatever.

The movie I am finishing tonight is about 6 minutes long and has two scenes - one outdoor city scene and one interior living room scene and it has two characters. I feel even at this stage, I was able to make full use of the cameras, backdrops, set construction and animation. And it has dialogue and a singer singing a song - it is kind of a story music video with original music that I can use from a young songwriter named Chris Langas (he gave me permission). I think you will find it very enjoyable.

The only question I have is - right now I am rendering the last scene of the movie but I didn't render each camera individually. When there is a lot of dialogue the rendering is very slow. Does it make the movie making faster if you render each camera separately?

The only question I have right now.

#4 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:29 AM

It's really good news that the current beta is seen to be easy to use by someone new to it. I look forward to seeing it Lucinda smile.gif

#5 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

(Cruleworld)

I don't think it would be ethical for us to do so. While we'd like to see The Movies users giving Moviestorm a try, it wouldn't be right for us to go stomping into their community and saying hey, come over to us! That's seen as kind of rude.

However, if you Lionheadians would like to tell people about what we're up to, then don't let us stop you.
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#6 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

(matt)
(Cruleworld)

I don't think it would be ethical for us to do so. While we'd like to see The Movies users giving Moviestorm a try, it wouldn't be right for us to go stomping into their community and saying hey, come over to us! That's seen as kind of rude.

However, if you Lionheadians would like to tell people about what we're up to, then don't let us stop you.

...looking at the population of names making it here as members, I can tell you that word IS getting around!
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#7 neut

neut

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 348 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:07 PM

I work in a secondary school, could I get the word out to the kids (and collegues) about the software as I'm sure it will appeal to quite a few ?

#8 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

Please do, neut. We're really keen to get feedback from younger users.
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#9 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:02 PM

(matt)
Please do, neut. We're really keen to get feedback from younger users.

I have a friend that is a middle-school teacher... I'll pass on the word.
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#10 Spookeystudios

Spookeystudios

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:07 AM

I will pass this site around whan i go back to school :mrgreen:

#11 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:29 AM

There are a LOT more people logged into the forum lately so someone is putting the word around smile.gif