• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#141 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:08 AM

I was hoping that 1.4 would give us more 3D options in rendering... i.e., red/blue, rather than merely the side-by (for youtube) which is available.

I was under the impression that the other options would be available with this version... did the other options just not make it to this version? I suppose I'd even be willing to purchase it like we do for the filters...
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#142 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Darth Angelus @ Aug 18 2010, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After

Bottom one looks like a bit like Kiera Knightley smile.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#143 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Fulkster @ Aug 18 2010, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was hoping that 1.4 would give us more 3D options in rendering... i.e., red/blue, rather than merely the side-by (for youtube) which is available.

I was under the impression that the other options would be available with this version... did the other options just not make it to this version? I suppose I'd even be willing to purchase it like we do for the filters...

Hi Fulkster,
We have added another 3D option of Amber/ Blue glasses in the Directors View full-screen preview screen (for those of you who have amber/ blue glasses). I don't honestly know if there is a plan to implement 3D output (to avi), but I have added it as a feature request on your behalf...
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#144 ed

ed

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Aug 18 2010, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, far too many polys! laugh.gif

#145 ed

ed

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Nahton @ Aug 16 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I just say that the ability to insert time anywhere into the timeline is freaking awesome!

While I haven't had the chance to play with 1.4 yet (the machine I'm using struggled with 1.2 and it won't run 1.3 in a way that is usable) this sounds like a very useful feature and is close, I hope, to allowing the user to delete time from the timeline and *close up* the gap (like the "ripple delete" in Adobe Premiere).

#146 ed

ed

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Nahton @ Aug 17 2010, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve, I've had that issue previously on a few lines and resorted to typing in the line in order to get the actor to lip synch. I know you don't want to type in lines for a whole movie but it may be worth trying to see if typing does generate the lip synch.

EDIT - Whoops, I just navigated back to your prior post where you said you resorted to this. I guess I'm not going to be off any help.

I thought we were *supposed* to add the text of the line to the dialogue box to "help" the character ennunciate. It certainly works better *with* the text included (and the text is visible on the dialogue track on the timeline) and it's not *too much* of a faff to copy the line from the script and paste it into Moviestorm.

#147 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (ed @ Aug 18 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought we were *supposed* to add the text of the line to the dialogue box to "help" the character ennunciate. It certainly works better *with* the text included (and the text is visible on the dialogue track on the timeline) and it's not *too much* of a faff to copy the line from the script and paste it into Moviestorm.

I remember a while ago I did not have to input the text for the lip synch to work well but then one day that went out of the window. I have made the habit of putting in the text now and it does work really well that way, typing is not an issue neither because if you have your script at hand on computer simply copy the text and ctrl v into moviestorm to paste it.

#148 Darth Angelus

Darth Angelus

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Aug 18 2010, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hadn't thought of that, you're right though. Looks like Kiera Knightly, voiced by Felicia Day smile.gif

#149 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Aug 18 2010, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Fulkster,
We have added another 3D option of Amber/ Blue glasses in the Directors View full-screen preview screen (for those of you who have amber/ blue glasses). I don't honestly know if there is a plan to implement 3D output (to avi), but I have added it as a feature request on your behalf...

Thanks Amos... Awesome! (I just this morning noticed that the amber/blue was added! I was overwhelmed with all that had been added, so I missed it during my first few views!) Thanks for adding the feature request. wink.gif

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#150 bpgueze

bpgueze

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

How do you ge the puppet to dance with the guitter in rock

#151 bpgueze

bpgueze

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

How do you ge the puppet to dance with the guitter in rock

#152 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hi bpgueze, click on your character on set in the Directors View and select "Use Prop". When the prop browser appears, click on the guitar. This will bring up the "Prop activity sequence" dialog. From here you can click on the "+" button to add animations to your character with the guitar.
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#153 czechboysonic

czechboysonic

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

Hey Guys,

First off I'm going to join the chorus of congratulatory users - loving the changes in 1.4. so far !

I couple of bits of feedback on the face morpher

(1) "Wrinkles Full" decal doesn't seem to make any visible difference to my heads. "Laughter Lines" is also very very subtle, so that unless you're specifically keeping an eye out and selecting / unselecting the decal a few times to 'spot the differences', it again makes virtually no visible difference.

All the other decals are working fine in 'Skin Detail' tab.

(2) It would be nice to have two sliders for all the face options like we do for BASE, so that we can select which two states EACH of the morphs is between.

For example let's say I wanted to morph between Chin Forward and Chin Wide. They are at opposite ends of the slider scale so with the one slider at the moment the options are to morph between Chin Back / Forward / Long and Chin Short / Wide.

I can do a blend of Back / Forward, a blend of Forward / Long or a blend of Short / Wide with the one slider, but I can't do an explicit blend of Forward / Wide. If we had two sliders for all the options like we do for BASE, this would add that final bit of 'flexibility' to the face morpher.

#154 bpgueze

bpgueze

Film Critic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:10 AM

right now moviestorm only shut down every 10 minutes, I am sure it have something to do with the Java runtime environment and a ASROCK mother board. Don't buy ASROCK boards its sucks. ANy way I cannot wait till the final release come out so I can install it on a stable PC, as it is now I cannot even update moviestorm 1.3 on my other stable machine, so the movies I built with 1.4 release on the unstable PC, not loading on the 1.3 version on my stable machine

I soon as you release the 1.4 version, I am sending this ASROCk mother board to the dump.

#155 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:39 AM

My computer had crashed and I just got it back up and running, so I've been able to play with 1.4 today. My first observations are that the face morpher is awesome, but you can put me at the top of the "I hate the character turning when I rotate around him" camp. In fact, this effect makes seeing his profile IMPOSSIBLE in character view. It's probably because I'm using an old 4:3 monitor, but when he rotates his nose and chin go off the screen or behind the morpher control box. Not good sad.gif

#156 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (tkd27 @ Aug 19 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My computer had crashed and I just got it back up and running, so I've been able to play with 1.4 today. My first observations are that the face morpher is awesome, but you can put me at the top of the "I hate the character turning when I rotate around him" camp. In fact, this effect makes seeing his profile IMPOSSIBLE in character view. It's probably because I'm using an old 4:3 monitor, but when he rotates his nose and chin go off the screen or behind the morpher control box. Not good sad.gif

Okay, I just figured out that I can zoom and pan with the mouse - nice touch tongue.gif I still hate the character moving on his own, though.

#157 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (tkd27 @ Aug 20 2010, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I just figured out that I can zoom and pan with the mouse - nice touch tongue.gif I still hate the character moving on his own, though.

...if you are talking about the 90 degree turn the character takes when you are rotating around for a look around, I think I agree. I would like to be able to get a look at the 3/4 face/profile... it seems that the 3/4 is the point where the character makes the turn... if the turn could be a tad more past 3/4, I'd be happier.

Anyway, the dressing room looks great... I think you folks at SF did a great job with all the new stuff. Thanks!

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#158 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Fulkster @ Aug 19 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...if you are talking about the 90 degree turn the character takes when you are rotating around for a look around, I think I agree. I would like to be able to get a look at the 3/4 face/profile... it seems that the 3/4 is the point where the character makes the turn... if the turn could be a tad more past 3/4, I'd be happier.

Anyway, the dressing room looks great... I think you folks at SF did a great job with all the new stuff. Thanks!

Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying. I agree that if the turn came later it would be a bit better, but the whole thing is just crazy distracting and annoying.

#159 ed

ed

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 373 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Installation was easy, but the machine I'm using (a Dell Inspiron 9400 / Core 2 Duo T5600 @ 1.83GHz CPU, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS running XP Pro/SP2 4GB RAM ) is under-specced, so it barely runs.

Anyway, all the good points have been noted, so I'll just point out that the text above select set screen (it says something like "select view to continue your movie") might be a bit baffling for a new user; something like "use the view buttons (above) to select a view ... " might be helpful.

(Also, in the face morpher, one of the sliders controls the "neck jowel". It should be "jowl" but--correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the the jowls are part of the face--something like "neck girth" might be better.)

#160 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

Just came across the cell option under lighting (as well as in the scripts option section)... pretty handy, I think.

(I think a newb might happen across it under "lighting" faster there than under the scripts option.)

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!