• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Moviestorm 1.5.3 is now available - just start the Moviestorm launcher, and when the patch notes appear, click Update to update to this new version.

These are the release notes.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3273 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Excuse me sir, we think we've found the blockage now.

Trying out the look ats, love the new feature!

#3 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Amazing update...kudos!

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

Ooooh, I hope it doesn't break anything. I'm right in the middle of several rather complicated scenes.... huh.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#5 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Sep 26 2012, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooooh, I hope it doesn't break anything. I'm right in the middle of several rather complicated scenes.... huh.gif

You could make a copy of your install, and update that, and make copies of your movies, and check that they work in the new version. While still having the old version to fall back on.
Or you could finish your scenes, then update.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#6 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Sep 26 2012, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Prima, I thought you had a separate computer for every MS version all the way back to scribbled idea on the napkin!?? tongue.gif

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5259 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (rampa @ Sep 27 2012, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prima, I thought you had a separate computer for every MS version all the way back to scribbled idea on the napkin!?? tongue.gif

Yes but they are all in different countries wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#8 bhainsley

bhainsley

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Sep 26 2012, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Moviestorm 1.5.3 is now available - just start the Moviestorm launcher, and when the patch notes appear, click Update to update to this new version.

These are the release notes.

Did I just see "Teleport here" as an option when I place characters?!?!!!!!???!

THANK YOU, MOVIESTORM TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:$...uhm...keep up the good work! biggrin.gif

#9 hociemocie

hociemocie

Film Critic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

I am not seeing the patch notes, and I also can't get the new bonus content/flashlight...is it just meeee?
I actually even redownloaded MS, but I am in the same boat after all that...

Thanks, Jan

#10 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (hociemocie @ Sep 28 2012, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not seeing the patch notes, and I also can't get the new bonus content/flashlight...is it just meeee?
I actually even redownloaded MS, but I am in the same boat after all that...

Thanks, Jan

Are you possibly using an Education version? - these do not do updates.

Otherwise, run the launcher, wait a bit, and then find the boot.log in your Moviestorm user folder, and attach it to a reply post, and we will get an idea of why it isnt showing the patches.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#11 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

I love the "look at" changes!!!

And the lack of ceiling shadows has been difficult to work around on a few projects so thanks again!!!

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#12 hociemocie

hociemocie

Film Critic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

Ahhhhh....yeah, I have the education unlimited....erg..well, I guess that explains that! oh, well...thanks for the response. Am I able to switch versions some kind of way (she asked hopefully biggrin.gif?)

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Sep 28 2012, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you possibly using an Education version? - these do not do updates.

Otherwise, run the launcher, wait a bit, and then find the boot.log in your Moviestorm user folder, and attach it to a reply post, and we will get an idea of why it isnt showing the patches.

#13 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (hociemocie @ Sep 29 2012, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhhhh....yeah, I have the education unlimited....erg..well, I guess that explains that! oh, well...thanks for the response. Am I able to switch versions some kind of way (she asked hopefully biggrin.gif?)

The education single user licenses are compatible with the consumer licenses. You may install the consumer version (even on the same computer as the education version - put it in a different folder, and you can have both installed at once). Just download from the normal (ie not education) download page. The consumer version should update to 1.5.3 when you click the update button on the launcher for it.

Note - the movies you have made in the education version will be available to use in 1.5.3, however, once you modify them in 1.5.3 they will probably not load in 1.5.2 (education).
If you need to make movies that you can take into a school and use with a site licence version of Moviestorm, stick with the 1.5.2 for that bit.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#14 hociemocie

hociemocie

Film Critic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

That is awesome news!!! Thanks!!! laugh.gif

Jan

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Oct 1 2012, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The education single user licenses are compatible with the consumer licenses. You may install the consumer version (even on the same computer as the education version - put it in a different folder, and you can have both installed at once). Just download from the normal (ie not education) download page. The consumer version should update to 1.5.3 when you click the update button on the launcher for it.

Note - the movies you have made in the education version will be available to use in 1.5.3, however, once you modify them in 1.5.3 they will probably not load in 1.5.2 (education).
If you need to make movies that you can take into a school and use with a site licence version of Moviestorm, stick with the 1.5.2 for that bit.

#15 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

LOVING the 'look-at' Prop Menu..!! The Top/Centre/Base options. Excellent.
No more hiding things in mid air at various different levels to try & make our characters convincing. Top Work MS Staff!