Roman Viking longship galley

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

Just a long shot but Im looking for a vessel that I can use as a Viking longship or Roman galley. Ive been searching mods but cant find one. Just wondering if anyone knows of something I could use please.

Regards
Dennis

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:49 PM

You could try searching for on on the SketchUp warehouse and importing it. But don't pick something that is a huge file size.

E.g. here are a couple that might work with a bit of tidying up in Sketchup first. And remember to save them in Sketchup 6 format before trying to import.

https://3dwarehouse....Viking-longship

https://3dwarehouse..../viking-warship

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:46 PM

Thankyou. I havent tried any SketchUp work yet. I will download SketchUp. (Another challenge to learn)
:-) Do I only need the free version to access the 3D warehouse and export in format 6 to Moviestorm. There is a nice Roman galley I saw in the warehouse online 1mb. It would do the trick. I see there are a few tutorials on SketchUp to Moviestorm in YouTube.

Regards

Dennis

#4 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

Hi again

Do I also need to get a modders licence to import to modders workshop and then to Moviestorm or can I export directly without the workshop. Sorry if that's a daft question but I haven't done any thing else than use addons already made for moviestorm

regards

dennis

#5 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:35 PM

Yes, you will need a license for the modders workshop.

http://support.movie...odders-workshop

~M