83 replies to this topic

#81 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

This could probably be unpinned now.smile.gif

Lucinda, do you have plans for any future contests?
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#82 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (corthew @ Oct 5 2011, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This could probably be unpinned now.smile.gif

Lucinda, do you have plans for any future contests?

It is probably pinned because it was a good idea to have a contest like that. I might do a contest in the future when I get some money for the prize. Right now I am pretty broke. LOL

#83 tombenjamin

tombenjamin

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

I plan to run a contest soon in a similar vein using resources of MovieStorm and Bigmarker. It will be a quest to find a 'lost monument' by following scientific and pop culture clues. Interaction will be via BigMarker but I could use the MovieStorm Forums as well if there are sufficient users interested. The game requires locating the Lost Monument from the clues then submitting a brief video showing their journey. I hope to follow up with a contest based on my www.oz-rock.com music education system. So I'll be keen to see how your competition goes.

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jul 4 2010, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am running a contest for new users. The user has to have downloaded Moviestorm version 1.3 beginning March 31, 2010. They do not have to be a subscriber. Films can be made with any content packs you have. All work must be original, including music (although of course you can use the Moviestorm music content packs) or if you get written permission from the musician to use his/her music. No mods to be used.

The prize will be a one year subscription to Moviestorm. Movies can be 5 minutes or shorter in length and the theme is comedy.

The judges:

Geoffrey Zimmerman - He is a published author and is a wonderful writer. He was a producer for Miami Vice.

http://geoffreyzimmerman.com/

Robin Morningstar -- script writer, director, producer, actor and he has made several independent films (among them Wonder Boy). Currently he is working Chakan the Forever Man

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2072916/

Richard Poshard - script writer and film maker, he has an extensive background in theater. He is the author of The Man from Schenectady

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3829259/

Ann Otto - a published author who has worked professinally as a writer all her life.

Myself - Lucinda McNary

There may be two more judges but I have yet to hear from, them.

So get started on your movies and make sure you post your movie link in this thread so we can keep track of them.

The contest will run until September 20, 2010 which gives you plenty of time to come up with a movie. What are you waiting for, MAKE US LAUGH!

#84 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

tombenjamin, your contest sounds great. the one I ran is already over and I haven't started a new one yet. need to get some money so I can give the complete Moviestorm package as a prize.