6 replies to this topic

#1 Daneel

Daneel

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

Hey all. This is a weird one.
In the Camerawork view, I have a camera panning round a drummer doing his thing, all very fine and dandy.  But in the Cutting Room, even though there is the footage of the camera completing the pan, the drummer and his kit do not appear in the shot. It's like the were never on the set (but they most definitely are). Any help getting to the bottom of this would be great.

edit: created a brand new empty movie. positioned drum kit and drummer on empty stage. applied a few drumloops and voila! same thing happens. When I go to Drum kit disappears leaving drummer sat in thin air. Could it be I need to re-install Moviestorm? Or is the drum kit just bugged and unusable?

edit 2: Very odd. seems everything goes fine until I save the scene, quit to the menu screen then reload the movie. It seems it is only after this process that the drum kit disappears.

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5258 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

See if this old thread throws any light on it:- http://www.moviestor...rum#entry107060

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 Daneel

Daneel

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for that Primaveranz but unfortunately everything to try in that thread has failed for me.
My drummer walks to his kit before sitting so that's not my problem. i switched the DoF off but that made no difference either. I removed some of the people (there were quite a few) and most of the lights but those things had no effect either. I'm beginning to think the saved scene has become corrupted in some way and I will have to redo it :(

#4 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

I've been unable to reproduce the problem you're describing.

Here you are a barebones movie with a drum kit and a drummer performing a series of animations in an otherwise empty set: https://drive.google...YkZBRDZONEVJYjA

It does work without a glitch on my system. You can try it if you fancy, and tell us if the problem arises on you installation.

Also, if possible, do the same I've done, by creating a movie as simple as possible exhibiting the problem and give us a link for testing it on another system.

Indeed, the drum kit has always been a bit of an odd animal, it seems.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#5 Daneel

Daneel

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

Thanks jamoram. I just tried your TEST movie and the same happens. Everything is OK in all the views except the Cutting Room, where both the kit and drummer disappear. I can still send you a tester of mine to check on your system but it seems fairly obvious there's something wrong only at this end.

#6 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

Thanks jamoram. I just tried your TEST movie and the same happens. Everything is OK in all the views except the Cutting Room, where both the kit and drummer disappear. I can still send you a tester of mine to check on your system but it seems fairly obvious there's something wrong only at this end.

Anyway, if you don't mind,it would be worth taking a glance inside a clip created and saved in your system, to check for any sign of corruption in the saved files.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#7 Daneel

Daneel

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

Here you go Jamoram. Sorry for the late reply. I found a workaround which basically had me create the scene and not save it, crossing my fingers that it wouldn't crash before i got to render it. But i think it might be worth you taking a look, as you said.

Edit: It says I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file (webm). What kind of files can I upload? MP4,? AVI?