#21 chadaproductions

chadaproductions

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Mar 26 2011, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, oh, make a contest.
How about "Poulet Noir Killing Santa Contest" A 15 to 30 sec movie where you suppose to kill santa in a bloody way. Creativity is rewarded.
Just a suggestion laugh.gif

How very, erm... Charmant

Chada Productions
Video Production & Animation

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

#22 ehughes

ehughes

Master Director

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:30 AM

Outstanding job. It looks great.

#23 Jason3

Jason3

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

The new web site doesn't look quite right in Firefox 4; the orange links at the top are too low and partially hidden by the main box. I've attached a screenshot.

I don't know whether it is related to the new web site, but the old homepage has an error on the movie, and the "Watch this great movie" and "Try this amazing pack" sections are broken. I've attached a screenshot of that problem too.

Attached Files

#24 skratchmasta

skratchmasta

Master Director

• Mods
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (chadaproductions @ Mar 26 2011, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liking It! If I had to be really nitty gritty, I did notice a small typo in the "more info" on education:

Thanks chada for you're eagle eyed grammar detection smile.gif. If you check it now it should be fixed.
Alex Gowland
Moviestorm Ltd.

#25 skratchmasta

skratchmasta

Master Director

• Mods
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Jason3 @ Mar 29 2011, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new web site doesn't look quite right in Firefox 4; the orange links at the top are too low and partially hidden by the main box.

Hi Jason3,

I've downloaded the latest version of Firefox4 and its working perfectly. May i ask what version you have? is it by any chance a beta or a release candidate? Also, what OS are you running? (dont forget to tell me if its 32 or 64 bit)

It doesn't matter that the old homepage is broken were decommissioning it. What we are concerned with is if there is any links to it on the new site. Did you find one? If so please post it and we'll fix it. Thats a message to everyone there should be no links to the old homepage.

Thanks,

Alex
Alex Gowland
Moviestorm Ltd.

#26 Jason3

Jason3

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (skratchmasta @ Mar 29 2011, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May i ask what version you have? is it by any chance a beta or a release candidate? Also, what OS are you running? (dont forget to tell me if its 32 or 64 bit)

It's the release version of Firefox 4.0. It's running on 32 bit Vista with Service Pack 2.

QUOTE (skratchmasta @ Mar 29 2011, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What we are concerned with is if there is any links to it on the new site. Did you find one?

No, I got there via a bookmark. I'll update it.

#27 MefuneAkira

MefuneAkira

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

I like the new design. Very slick. I have to admit, I miss the MS orange.

A real bummer that the forums were not fixed up to be...well, useful.

Any chance the forums will get a face lift as well?

#28 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Jason3 @ Mar 29 2011, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new web site doesn't look quite right in Firefox 4; the orange links at the top are too low and partially hidden by the main box. I've attached a screenshot.

I don't know whether it is related to the new web site, but the old homepage has an error on the movie, and the "Watch this great movie" and "Try this amazing pack" sections are broken. I've attached a screenshot of that problem too.

Weird. I am using FF4 and everything is displaying fine. I'm running on XP, so maybe it's something with Vista?

#29 skratchmasta

skratchmasta

Master Director

• Mods
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Jason3 @ Mar 29 2011, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the release version of Firefox 4.0. It's running on 32 bit Vista with Service Pack 2.

hi Jason3,

that bug with the layout we have discovered is a general firefox bug when your zoomed in. When yuor on the web page hold ctrl and use your mouse wheel to zoom out a little to 100% then you should be able to view the page correctly until we fix it.
Also all of you Internet explorer users, avoid zooming out a lot as there are other layout problems to be fixed as well.
Alex Gowland
Moviestorm Ltd.

#30 skratchmasta

skratchmasta

Master Director

• Mods
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (MefuneAkira @ Mar 29 2011, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any chance the forums will get a face lift as well?

Not at the moment as we'd rather we get 1.4.2 released along with new content packs
Alex Gowland
Moviestorm Ltd.

#31 Jason3

Jason3

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (skratchmasta @ Mar 30 2011, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When yuor on the web page hold ctrl and use your mouse wheel to zoom out a little to 100% then you should be able to view the page correctly until we fix it.

Yes, that fixed it. I wasn't bothered by it, but thought that you'd want to fix it so that it looked good for everyone.

QUOTE (skratchmasta @ Mar 30 2011, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not at the moment as we'd rather we get 1.4.2 released along with new content packs

Any clues as to the packs and when it will be released? Will sword-fighting finally be ready?

#32 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

Still can`t find an upload video link on the new movies page, or a link to view our own list of movies.

I`m about to upload a movie and I`m gonna have to use the old page until this is fixed.

#33 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (kv @ Mar 30 2011, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still can`t find an upload video link on the new movies page, or a link to view our own list of movies.

I`m about to upload a movie and I`m gonna have to use the old page until this is fixed.

I've added the link to 'My Account' now. Although it does still use the upload page from the old site - all of the movies section of the old site has yet to be converted (it is based on something called Cliphouse).

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#34 boxrocks

boxrocks

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (skratchmasta @ Mar 30 2011, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES! As much as I admire the new website, would much rather see some more content pack out there. Any ideas on what to expect on 1.4.2 and what major changes we'll see?
I am currently working on a class project taking place during the dust bowl, maybe a western content pack and a farm content pack would be nice.