#1 FredJones

FredJones

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:puppets, stories, narratives, cinema, animals, languages,

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

Hello Moviestormers,

I am exploring my machinima options and have watched all YouTube tutorials on Moviestorm this week, and just downloaded the Trial to explore over the next two weeks.

I'm on a SSD Mac with a few external hard drives; I admit I'm no computer genius.

To get the trial download program to launch, I had to play around with downloading a few Java options, however I believe I finally nailed the right one.

Now, I find that clicking on Moviestorm in Applications will launch the Icon and the Moviestorm name/simple menu, along with a blank box which reads, "Moviestorm - checking hardware".

That's as far as I've been able to get on my own, so I hoped I could search for some Forum assistance.   

Let's get to the bottom of this mystery!

#2 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:21 PM

Firstly make sure to check systems requirements for Mac users

http://www.moviestor...cs/requirements

Dont know anything about Mac myself, am a PC user, but I do know you mac users need to install The nVidia Cg toolkit that comes with Moviestorm, not sure if thats still a thing you have to install manually or if MS does it now as part of the main installation.

Also, pretty sure from memory, and again I am talking on PC here so Mac might be different, that you dont need to install Java, Moviestorm comes with its own Java which it installs.

A big cause of issues with Moviestorm, which crops up here time and again with new users, is Graphics Card driver, you need to make sure you are using the right upto date driver for your system.

Anyway, bear in mind its Easter weekend now so all MS staff will be away till Tuesday, if you have not had any success by then refresh this topic and try to get the attention of Moviestorms Ben, he is the main man to help sort your problems.

#3 FredJones

FredJones

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

Thank you daleh

I looked around for some Nvidia assistance and I think you just supplied it

#4 FredJones

FredJones

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

Curiouser and curiouser...

I've downloaded anything for Mac I can find on Nvidia.com... however, none of these will actually open or launch, and I keep getting a dialogue box: "Unable to open items from unidentified developers"

I'm sure I'm doing something silly and niggling wrong and just need to finagle the right solution.

#5 FredJones

FredJones

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

Moviestormers, I think I totally got this!!!

I needed to alter a System Preference to allow Nvidia products.

Downloading has commenced.

Thank you daleh, thank you.

#6 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:02 PM

So, it sounds like you might have got there without any help from us, but I'm just checking.

The hang on 'checking hardware' is generally caused by a failure to install the Nvidia CG toolkit. It should be bundled with the Moviestorm installer, but may need you to disable Gatekeeper to be able to install it ('allow applications downloaded from anywhere').

Did you get things working?

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#7 blackraign

blackraign

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:37 AM

I am having a similar issue.  I have a regular Imac with MS previously installed.  I havent used it in a couple of years.  When I tried to use it again the screen just popped up and said "CHECKING HARDWARE" and does nothing else.  I uninstalled the old version of MS an reinstalled the new version as well as Nvidia CG toolkit but I am still getting same message.

Any suggestions?

Chris

#8 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

I am having a similar issue.  I have a regular Imac with MS previously installed.  I havent used it in a couple of years.  When I tried to use it again the screen just popped up and said "CHECKING HARDWARE" and does nothing else.  I uninstalled the old version of MS an reinstalled the new version as well as Nvidia CG toolkit but I am still getting same message.

Any suggestions?

Chris

By chance, you are running MS on a Mac High Sierrar or later? If so, as of this date, MS would not be compatible with your system.

Also please refer to this post

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#9 blackraign

blackraign

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:03 AM

I am running on Yosemite 10.10.5.  Is MS compatible with this version of Mac?