No replies to this topic

#1 spenayoung

spenayoung

Director

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

Hola Everyone! 

I am working on a new opera project - Alicia and the White Rabbit. In this text-based kid-friendly video game, the young Alicia must defeat the Queen of Broken Hearts with the help of a magical White Rabbit in the sewers of Nueva York. 

I am using Moviestorm for the images and some animation sequences within the text-based game. I will be posting more info as the project goes along. I just started setting up the website. I am doing the text and navigation first, then I am going to add in images and animation and the music. Doing things a little differently this time, so let's see what happens! I am purposely doing the entire project publicly online so the process can be documented for educational purposes. (Yeah, I'm super nerdy like that!). 

At this point I have not started any music production, but I will be needing singers for the following roles:

Alicia - Soprano/Child-Like Voice

Manolo - Male Child Voice

Abuela - Deeper Alto, Elderly

White Rabbit/Father - Tenor or Baritone

The Queen Of Broken Hearts/Social Worker - Female Deep Alto

Child Soloists - Multiple roles and short solos (male or female)

Because this is a video game opera, there will be shorter singing segments than Libertaria. Anyone interested with a vocal or musical theater background should contact me: spenayoung[at]gmail[dot]com

Send me a short acapella unedited example of your singing, no professional audio, as well as any bio information. Music production will not start till later this summer, and will continue throughout the fall. Subject heading should be "Alicia the White Rabbit Auditions". I have not opened up auditions publicly yet, but thought I would ask here first since we have so many talented folks. Auditions will be ongoing until November 2016. Once music production begins, you will be contacted. 

Best!

Sabrina Pena Young

https://sabrinapenay....wordpress.com/

Alicia and the White Rabbit: http://whiterabbitop...f-contents.html

Meet the Characters

Alicia --A young girl who lives with her Abuela in Nueva York in the late 21st century

Manolo --Alicia's best friend and soccer buddy

Abuela-- Sweet grandmother who cares for Alicia

The White Rabbit --A mysterious magical creature who lives in the sewers of Nueva York

The Queen of Broken Hearts --An evil monarch that hates all children

The Social Worker --An uptight woman who cares more about money and cars than children

The Children of Longheart Manor --Neglected orphans that live in the local foster home

Father --Alicia's dad that she cannot remember

Sabrina Pena Young
Composer/Filmmaker/Sci-fi Junkie
Libertaria: The Virtual Opera

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Visit My Website