Moddingstorm.co.uk is open

Nahton
post Jan 23 2011, 8:29 PM
Post #21

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 118

I tried to purchase the Computer pack using the IE browser with pop-ups disabled and kept getting a PayPal page that started with the sentence:
Sorry, an error occurred after you clicked the last link

Curiously enough I was able to complete my purchase by using FireFox. I'm just wondering if anyone else had a problem with IE.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daleh
post Jan 23 2011, 8:59 PM
Post #22

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,720

QUOTE (Nahton @ Jan 23 2011, 08:29 PM) *
I tried to purchase the Computer pack using the IE browser with pop-ups disabled and kept getting a PayPal page that started with the sentence:
Sorry, an error occurred after you clicked the last link

Curiously enough I was able to complete my purchase by using FireFox. I'm just wondering if anyone else had a problem with IE.

Thats because Firefox is awesome and Explorer sucks..smile.gif

+Quote Post
corthew
post Feb 11 2011, 1:26 AM
Post #23

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,729

Hey Chris,

The computer desk set may have a glitch. After the character sits down at it I have him typing and using the mouse several times. After he's been sitting for about 30 to 40 seconds he abruptly gets up and steps back from the desk.

What do you need to see.smile.gif

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
Chris Ollis
post Feb 11 2011, 6:41 AM
Post #24

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (corthew @ Feb 11 2011, 01:26 AM) *
Hey Chris,

The computer desk set may have a glitch. After the character sits down at it I have him typing and using the mouse several times. After he's been sitting for about 30 to 40 seconds he abruptly gets up and steps back from the desk.

What do you need to see.smile.gif

I would say turn off improvisations and see if it still does it. After 30 or 40 seconds its not going to be anything in the addon pack, it'll be Moviestorm trying to overlay some secondary motion.

--------------------
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

+Quote Post
corthew
post Feb 11 2011, 7:35 AM
Post #25

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Feb 11 2011, 01:41 AM) *
I would say turn off improvisations and see if it still does it. After 30 or 40 seconds its not going to be anything in the addon pack, it'll be Moviestorm trying to overlay some secondary motion.

That was it!

Thanks.smile.gif

--------------------

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
jakechief
post Feb 13 2011, 2:48 AM
Post #26

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,016

are you going to make a demo for the computers? I am curious to see them in action!

--------------------
Radio host of "The Storm Hour" Saturdays at 1 Pacific, 3 Central, 4EST, 9Uk, 10EUR, only on www.tmoaradio.com

+Quote Post
neut
post Feb 20 2011, 1:26 PM
Post #27

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 378

Hi Chris I bought the paper thin characters yesterday and was just wondering. Is there any way to add transparency to the model?

Thanks

john

+Quote Post
Chris Ollis
post Feb 20 2011, 1:41 PM
Post #28

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (neut @ Feb 20 2011, 01:26 PM) *
Hi Chris I bought the paper thin characters yesterday and was just wondering. Is there any way to add transparency to the model?

Thanks

john

only through the modders workshop at the moment.
Hopefully MS will get support for png transparency eventually - it's sat somewhere on the request list.

--------------------
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

+Quote Post
neut
post Feb 20 2011, 2:23 PM
Post #29

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 378

Thanks for the quick reply Chris one more thing, I can't find the template for the models, where should I be looking?

+Quote Post
Chris Ollis
post Feb 20 2011, 3:16 PM
Post #30

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (neut @ Feb 20 2011, 02:23 PM) *
Thanks for the quick reply Chris one more thing, I can't find the template for the models, where should I be looking?

The UVs are png files that should be in FlatFolk/Data/Puppets/Male01 and Female01

--------------------
Chris Ollis

+Quote Post
Jason3
post Feb 20 2011, 9:04 PM
Post #31

Critically acclaimed

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,708

I almost bought my first pack from Moddingstorm, but was unsure how it works with regards to downloading packs again, if I lose them from my PC for example, or they are upgraded for a new version of Moviestorm. Would I have to pay again, or would my initial payment cover the re-download?

+Quote Post
Chris Ollis
post Feb 21 2011, 7:13 AM
Post #32

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jason3 @ Feb 20 2011, 09:04 PM) *
I almost bought my first pack from Moddingstorm, but was unsure how it works with regards to downloading packs again, if I lose them from my PC for example, or they are upgraded for a new version of Moviestorm. Would I have to pay again, or would my initial payment cover the re-download?

If I have a record of your purchase then I can give you a new download on request.
There shouldn't be any upgrade issues with version 1.x of Moviestorm (the foreseeable future)

If or when Moviestorm goes to version 2, there is a chance that none of the packs official or user made will work due to it being an entirely new graphics engine. But there are no plans in motion for that yet.

--------------------
Chris Ollis

+Quote Post
corthew
post Feb 21 2011, 7:42 AM
Post #33

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Feb 21 2011, 02:13 AM) *
If or when Moviestorm goes to version 2, there is a chance that none of the packs official or user made will work

Is it possible there could be a conversion utility written to convert addon files to the new format when that occurs?

I keep all of my downloaded addon files in a separate folder for reinstalls as needed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Ollis
post Feb 21 2011, 7:50 AM
Post #34

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (corthew @ Feb 21 2011, 07:42 AM) *
Is it possible there could be a conversion utility written to convert addon files to the new format when that occurs?

I imagine that's possible, but without there being any plans for Moviestorm 2 regarding which engine, what file formats, what the technical spec would be etc, how could anyone know? huh.gif

--------------------
Chris Ollis

+Quote Post
daleh
post Feb 21 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #35

Master Director
Group Icon

I would suggest that when/if you do sit down to start designing MS2 that one of your biggest prios should be to make MS1 content availabe within MS2, maybe not the animations but definately the costumes/props.

Lets say that the costumes for MS2 would have full morphing and interchangable mix/match upper/lower body parts etc, the MS1 costumes would only need be in their current form/limitations, much like the Old MS heads are still available even though we have the new super heads.

Why do i say this, well I think it would increase migration of customers from MS1 to MS2, and thus more revenue for you guys.

Going from MS1 with loads of content to suddenly MS2 with hardly any content would I think put people of the upgrade, especially if their MS1 content is suddenly just useless data on their hard drives.

Compare that with knowing you can carry on using your MS1 content in MS2 while slowly building up your new, better MS2 content as its released, will probably mean more people willing to spend their cash on MS2.

Well, just my thoughts.

+Quote Post
Chris Ollis
post Feb 21 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #36

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (daleh @ Feb 21 2011, 11:55 AM) *
I would suggest that when/if you do sit down to start designing MS2 that one of your biggest prios should be to make MS1 content availabe within MS2, maybe not the animations but definately the costumes/props.

Lets say that the costumes for MS2 would have full morphing and interchangable mix/match upper/lower body parts etc, the MS1 costumes would only need be in their current form/limitations, much like the Old MS heads are still available even though we have the new super heads.

Why do i say this, well I think it would increase migration of customers from MS1 to MS2, and thus more revenue for you guys.

Going from MS1 with loads of content to suddenly MS2 with hardly any content would I think put people of the upgrade, especially if their MS1 content is suddenly just useless data on their hard drives.

Compare that with knowing you can carry on using your MS1 content in MS2 while slowly building up your new, better MS2 content as its released, will probably mean more people willing to spend their cash on MS2.

Well, just my thoughts.

May I suggest these thoughts are better in their own thread than one for Moddingstorm that is not in control of Moviestorm at all wink.gif

--------------------
Chris Ollis

+Quote Post
daleh
post Feb 21 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #37

Master Director
Group Icon

A fair point Chris, though it was a reply in a post on the offcical Moviestorm forums where the topic had headed in that direction already.. wink.gif

+Quote Post
corthew
post Oct 23 2011, 9:52 PM
Post #38

Master Director
Group Icon

Chris, I finally got a chance to mess around with your horses and all I can say is, WOW!

Those are impressive animations and the art is incredible!

I hope the project I'm currently working on will do them justice.

Also, (Now that the buttery phase is done although I am VERY serious about how impressed I am), About your Cthulu...Is there any chance you could add an underwater animation for him?

Something like the way Godzilla swims in the Matthew Brodrick movie would be excellent!

Perhaps a transitional animation from swimming straight into flying?

The inhabitants of the world I'm creating have never seen him out of the water. Its a climactic moment when it occurs the first time. It would really add to it if you could see him coming up, breaking the surface and taking flight.smile.gif

I can make it work without it, but I thought I'd throw it out there and that I will buy the additional animation addon if you put it up.smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Ollis
post Oct 24 2011, 6:42 AM
Post #39

Master Director
Group Icon

Glad you like the horses.

with regards to Cthulhu, at the moment I simply can't afford the time and effort involved in doing updates to Moddingstorm packs and I doubt you can on your own either.

--------------------
Chris Ollis

+Quote Post
corthew
post Oct 24 2011, 7:52 AM
Post #40

Master Director
Group Icon

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Oct 24 2011, 02:42 AM) *
Glad you like the horses.

with regards to Cthulhu, at the moment I simply can't afford the time and effort involved in doing updates to Moddingstorm packs and I doubt you can on your own either.

Understood. I wish I could though. Camera trickery will get me there though so it won't kill me.smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: