kuriakosekudasseril

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:15 AM

i am using trial version of moviestorm

i couldnt create walls by clicking and dragging

tutorial videos shows that we can make walls by click and drag

while i drag, normal mouse dragging occures only..

what is dis?

reply me someone so that i can buy MS,as my application of MS is to design room interiors...

i am using mac sierra.bt i tried this in both mac and windows...

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:18 AM

Sometimes it is an issue with video card drivers - make sure yours are up to date and that your computer meets the minimum recommended specs here.

Then make sure you are in the set workshop mode not director mode. Then hold down Shift and the left mouse button at the same time and drag. If that doesn't work then try using the other mouse key. I know some people have had issues with Mac mice and have had to reconfigure them but I only use Windows.

I'd have to say though that Moviestorm is designed for making animations not designing rooms, so you can't specify exact measurements "in-game".

You might be better using something like SketchUp unless you are doing pre-viz and need some animation.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 kuriakosekudasseril

kuriakosekudasseril

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

thanks for the reply

i didnt know that to hold shift key while dragging

now its working

if i select move tool, move tool symbol wil appear, but i coulnt drag it to move

kindly give me instructions to Move,Rotate walls..

or any place to get all shortcuts and mouse controls of moviestorm

#4 kuriakosekudasseril

kuriakosekudasseril

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:29 AM

Sometimes it is an issue with video card drivers - make sure yours are up to date and that your computer meets the minimum recommended specs here.

Then make sure you are in the set workshop mode not director mode. Then hold down Shift and the left mouse button at the same time and drag. If that doesn't work then try using the other mouse key. I know some people have had issues with Mac mice and have had to reconfigure them but I only use Windows.

I'd have to say though that Moviestorm is designed for making animations not designing rooms, so you can't specify exact measurements "in-game".

You might be better using something like SketchUp unless you are doing pre-viz and need some animation.

i am using this for art direction of a movie
will do animation of characters also

i have latest macbook pro wit retina display

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

kindly give me instructions to Move,Rotate walls..

or any place to get all shortcuts and mouse controls of moviestorm

Check this page for cheat sheets etc and be sure to read Matt Kelland's user guides if you want to get serious about things.

You can't move or rotate walls once you have placed them I'm afraid, you have to put them where you want them in the first place.

#6 kuriakosekudasseril

kuriakosekudasseril

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:47 AM

Check this page for cheat sheets etc and be sure to read Matt Kelland's user guides if you want to get serious about things.

You can't move or rotate walls once you have placed them I'm afraid, you have to put them where you want them in the first place.

thank you so much

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:00 AM

You can use prims as walls (and rotate, scale and move these) but it is hard to mock up doors and windows then.

Another approach is to import a Sketchup model either of a wall or an entire room which is also moveable.