corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

I guess I know what I'm going to be studying this weekend.smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#22 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Reacher @ Feb 28 2011, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After the first 5 seconds the tutorial is entirely interactive, click the green buttons to navigate the path you want.

Could you possibly do a video tutorial on animating the skeleton and prop specifically?

In Misfit that is?

I can't get all of the bones to remain animated for some reason and a more thorough tutorial would (hopefully) clear up my confusion.smile.gif

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#23 Reacher

Reacher

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (corthew @ Jan 8 2012, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you possibly do a video tutorial on animating the skeleton and prop specifically?

In Misfit that is?

I can't get all of the bones to remain animated for some reason and a more thorough tutorial would (hopefully) clear up my confusion.smile.gif

See my response to your other thread, but I suspect what you are missing is "Animation -> Set Rotation Keyframe" on each keyframe you create.

-- Reacher

#24 MajidQureshi

MajidQureshi

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 06:45 AM

Is anyone alive who can help me

#25 puppetxeno

puppetxeno

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:10 AM

Hi, I am new to this but I really want to learn this stuff. The link to the tutorial is expired. Can anyone share their copy of the file(s) if they still have them?

I know MovieStorm is a bit old software but it's very charming and suits my purposes just fine, but I want to learn how to mod animated props. Can't figure it out without some basic guidance.

Hope someone reads this and replies!

#26 soledigitization

soledigitization

Film Critic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:11 AM

I still have not had a play with this yet, but I have got all the files you provided and will be taking the time to study your great tutorial, hopefully my brain is not so mushy that I can`t learn lol

#27 puppetxeno

puppetxeno

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:48 PM

I still have not had a play with this yet, but I have got all the files you provided and will be taking the time to study your great tutorial, hopefully my brain is not so mushy that I can`t learn lol

Hello Soledigitization, all the links to the files in this thread are dead or expired to me. Do you actually have a copy of the tutorial files? I would really like to have them too. I want to learn this stuff, but the original tutorials are... not great, to say the least. What I could really use is like a manual. Unlike a lot of people, I actually prefer manuals over tutorial videos, because I like to skip around and readthe parts I want to read in a non-linear fashion. It's the way I prefer to learn things.

It is very frustrating to see the existing learning material being so thin, spread out and fragmentary.

To me it really starts with understanding how the directory trees are organised and what type of files need to go where, and WHY.

I want to make hand-held animated props with multiple possible commands. Working the 3D programs themselves, not an issue - those are generic and there are actual manuals for that.

But where to start? The tutorial videos I've seen are not great. "just do this, click click click click click - put this here, and that here, and we can put that there and there" Too fast clicking and no explanation of how the directory trees work. I'm a RTFM guy and there is no FM... :( 

OR is there?