• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:15 PM

So I know there will be a "store" online, but I'm kind of interested in an in-game Prop Shop. What I mean is, instead of scrolling through all the prop options in the set workshop, I'd like to go to a Prop Shop, preview and gather all the items I want to use, package them in a "cart" and then have the option to view only those items when in in the set workshop. Of course, there'd have to be a search and preview option still in the set workshop; needing a last minute prop or changing our mind while in set is inevitable.

I'm thinking a shop like this could also make it very easy for us to "package," save, and preview whole sets for use in a later movie.

I envision a "shop" much like an online store, where links to the various categories are listed across the top with subcategories and other special functions listed down the side - maybe even a link to the online store so we can download content from right within the game. I don't know what it is - probably too much online shopping otherwise - but I just really like previewing items in a full screen mode. Also, my picky self says scrolling left to right feels unnatural; I like going horizontally. smile.gif

Mostly, I'd really like the ability to look at large pictures of the items, turn them around (360 view, that is), and even scroll my mouse over color and condition (old, new, dirty, etc.) options to see what they'd look like. There could even be a blank box for us to upload our own custom colors/textures to and then preview and select right there, rather than doing it all in the mod shop (if this is even possible).

I know implementing this idea would probably take a lot of work. Maybe this is even a ridiculous and superfluous idea. Any thoughts?

#2 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:12 AM

I really like the customization option for props included in the latest update/patch. I'm a complete moron when it comes to modding (at this point, anyway), but I still think it would be cool to somehow load our own textures into this customization window and have those automatically available as an option.

#3 Lionheart

Lionheart

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 05:52 AM

I really like the idea.

Kind of "Sims shop meets amazon" is what your suggesting?

Thats, honestly, much easier. I dont really know how to modify the props so I dont really know where to get what I need. (example, for my machinima version of the Godfather intro, as Corleone's table, I used a maroon box) }

Also it'd be cool if we can upload our own creations, this time, its more like... "Youtube-meets-amazon"
Now THAT would convinient.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LHMachinima

#4 Disthron

Disthron

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 03:15 AM

This sounds like a good idea. There is something similar in DAZ studio but it just links to the sight where you buy there models. It would be cool to be able to buy i, download it and then use it straight off the cuff.