• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:56 AM

Material animation, in x,y, & z coordinates, and texture group cycling... so I could specify 20 images to cycle through on his shirt, or skin, or walls, or anything. FLC or FLI format maybe, or video.

A decal layer added to the skin/clothing for wounds, marks, scratches, grime etc. would be nice, too, while I'm dreaming...wink.gif

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3280 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:24 AM

Sounds great B'man, I expect they'll say yes but not now smile.gif
The decal thing, a lot of people have asked for that so I hope it's possible.

#3 CPT Destroyer

CPT Destroyer

Master Director

• Banned
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:28 AM

If that decal thing gets in, it'd also be great if you can make it pop up on them in mid-scene, as if they got shot, splattered with mud, ect.

#4 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:44 PM

(CPT Destroyer)
If that decal thing gets in, it'd also be great if you can make it pop up on them in mid-scene, as if they got shot, splattered with mud, ect.

That would be excellent, the user could specify a time duration for it, and how it disappears too maybe... and, while I'm still dreaming, why not a little particle emitter to accompany the appearance of the decal? And buildings nearby can receive stray bullets as well as actors... but oooo, that would be a lot more work, I think, 'cause then the developers would have to calculate trajectories from bullets fired... maybe just offer us the tools, and we'll place the bullet impact locations manually on buildings & actors, with a timeline for the decal & emitter to fade out.

I love particle emitters! (No dirty jokes please smile.gif )

#5 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

Squibs!
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#6 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:37 PM

Blood and gore, or anything selected from an image file, including alpha channel support...smile.gif

#7 Toriel

Toriel

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

A basic fx studio is planned somewhere down the line but since there are a lot of programs like that already available, we won't see it for a long while.
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

May the Muses inspire you today.

#8 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:46 AM

(Toriel)
A basic fx studio is planned somewhere down the line but since there are a lot of programs like that already available, we won't see it for a long while.

What programs? Nothing that I know of that will easily insert, say, an explosion emitter into the middle of a crowded room, the physics of which will propel puppets and furniture violently away in all directions... smile.gif
I'd hate to try it in Bryce.

#9 Toriel

Toriel

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:10 PM

There are tons of them on the market. I wasn't talking about bullets specifically but sfx in general.

You could try programs like EffectsLab, particleIllusion by Wondertouch or any other you like.

#10 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

(Toriel)
There are tons of them on the market. I wasn't talking about bullets specifically but sfx in general.

You could try programs like EffectsLab, particleIllusion by Wondertouch or any other you like.

Thanks, I'll check them out.smile.gif

#11 Toriel

Toriel

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

You might want to also take a look at this thread: http://www.moviestor...s/list/230.page

It has a list of free programs that can be useful when making movies

#12 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

(Toriel)
You might want to also take a look at this thread: http://www.moviestor...s/list/230.page

It has a list of free programs that can be useful when making movies

that was both handy and enlightening, thanks.