#1 kookytoons

kookytoons

Film Critic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Music Animation

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

Hi All

I just wanted to say that Moviestorm rocks!!  I am having a lot of fun learning it and seeing what it can do.  I have not been able to say that about any software in a long time!  I would love to work on my project, but I am at work and people stop and stare at my screen!   So yes,  I love it!  :wub:

#2 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

Moviestorm is one of the easiest software to use to make movies, videos, etc. Now, it doesn't have a lot of features like it's competitors like Iclone but it still is good software.

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5291 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

Hi All

I just wanted to say that Moviestorm rocks!!  I am having a lot of fun learning it and seeing what it can do.  I have not been able to say that about any software in a long time!  I would love to work on my project, but I am at work and people stop and stare at my screen!   So yes,  I love it!  :wub:

I do too and I have been using it for nearly 10 years. Like all software it has limitations, but unlike some others, the basics are good e.g. moving the actor around is simple, lip-synching is good, camerawork is a breeze  and set building allows lots of options for creating your own props etc.

And anyway, finding the workarounds is what makes you a better "director". Just don't get too ambitious and try to make a "full length" movie before you have got a good grasp of all the potential. Make lots of short movies first and build up ;)

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#4 kookytoons

kookytoons

Film Critic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

I want to make a modern day "The Archies" band.   Have some music videos, have some silly story where the band might have to solve a problem.  So far Moviestorm is really getting my mojo working.  I have tried iClone 3 times and did not get into it.  I tried Muvizu.   That was okay, but to me, Moviestorm is what I have been looking for.  I just don't know whyI am finding this now with all the Google searches I have done for 3D animation software

https://en.wikipedia...iki/The_Archies

#5 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

Hello kookytoons,

I really like the software too. Having fun with it myself.  :)

Loved "The Archies", btw.

~Marilyn

#6 kookytoons

kookytoons

Film Critic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:07 PM

Hi Marilyn

Yes, how about that song Sugar, Sugar? In Billboard's Hot 100, it was ranked as the number one song of that year, the only time a fictional band has ever claimed Billboard's annual Hot 100 top spot.

My fictional band is going to redo that song.  The video is going to be  made entirely with MovieStorm (I hope).  I did a video with an original song using Muvizu.  The plan is to use Moviestorm this time around.   Here is a link to the vid.  You may be familiar with the band? ;-)

https://www.reverbna.../video/13873620

Andy

#7 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

Hello Andy,

(small world)  :D

Fictional band or not, Sugar, Sugar is a great song. It's playing in my head right now. LOL

You know, I listened to some Blick Fang's music the other day, but I hadn't had a chance to check out the videos. Very cool. Loved the videos. Great job.  :)

I look forward to your band redoing Sugar Sugar in MS.  

Have a great day!

~M

#8 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

Hello kookytoons,

I really like the software too. Having fun with it myself.  :)

Loved "The Archies", btw.

~Marilyn

Same here, I used to own their music on CD a few years ago. I do own a least one of the complete Archies 1960's/1970's show on dvd.

#9 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

Hello Andy,

(small world)  :D

Fictional band or not, Sugar, Sugar is a great song. It's playing in my head right now. LOL

You know, I listened to some Blick Fang's music the other day, but I hadn't had a chance to check out the videos. Very cool. Loved the videos. Great job.  :)

I look forward to your band redoing Sugar Sugar in MS.  

Have a great day!

~M

Also, it was only a few people doing the singing voices. IIRC, they were Ron Dante, Toni Wine and Andy Kim.