• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrannus007

Tyrannus007

Film Critic

• Pioneers
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:17 AM

I was wondering if there were any plans for being able to add blood or something when somebody is injured or killed. It always looked weird in The Movies when somebody was stabbed to death and they had no visible wounds. Of course, you probably should be able to turn it on or off, set the amount, etc. What do you think? smile.gif

#2 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:53 AM

(Tyrannus007)
I was wondering if there were any plans for being able to add blood or something when somebody is injured or killed. It always looked weird in The Movies when somebody was stabbed to death and they had no visible wounds. Of course, you probably should be able to turn it on or off, set the amount, etc. What do you think? smile.gif

I agree with you whole heartedly, ever since I first started making movies with The Movies I wished it could be done, something similier to a First person shooter, they have blood effects when people are shot or cut, why not a movie making tool.
In a real movie they add squibs to the actors full of blood, so you would think a computer program could add them easily?

Regards
Davidwww

Moviestorm still Number One

#3 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:07 AM

I was able to add a dripping head wound in "Play It Again, Carl" by swapping out the puppet's texture.

You could shoot a scene with the actor in normal clothing, then swap out his clothing texture with a bloody, wounded copy, have him re-act the scene and then edit the two together at the time of the stab or gunshot.

Please note: I am still working with v1.4.3 and haven't installed beta 2.0, so it may not currently be possible to do what I described with v2.0. If that is the case, please enlighten me and I will shut up. smile.gif
The forecast is - MOVIESTORM!
www.FlingFilms.com My system: WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c -- Intel Core2 Duo 2.44GHz processor -- 2GB RAM -- nVidia GEForce 8800 GTS w/620MB

#4 DarkRaideR

DarkRaideR

Moviegoer

• Pioneers
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:46 AM

yes i also agree totally to such "bloody" option :mrgreen: cause its essential
for some dramaturgic films and lifts the storyline to its wanted level, but on
the other side it shold be kept within the realms of possibility to look "natural"
things like wounds should be placed on different spots of the "actor"