• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

Ok, I made a scene, rendered it, etc. a couple days ago. And of course saved it. And was able to close moviestorm and start the program and load the scene. Now today when I went to load the scene the movie.mscope is gone. What happened to it? Anyway to recover? I suppose not. That is so weird how it's not there. smh Anyone else experience this? ugh! lol
I do have several mscope.bak files.
~Marilyn

PS Now I'm going to make sure an movie.mscope is saved after every movie.  :blink:

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

I think Moviestorm comes with an included procedure for restoring prior versions of your movies: check the 'Load from backups' box, so a list of the available versions will be shown to select the one you'd like to restore from.

Prior versions of the mscope file are saved inside the same movie folder under the names mscope.bak#, where # is a number 1-9. There's also a file named mscope.bak, which I think is a copy the most recent previous version.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

I think Moviestorm comes with an included procedure for restoring prior versions of your movies: check the 'Load from backups' box, so a list of the available versions will be shown to select the one you'd like to restore from.

Prior versions of the mscope file are saved inside the same movie folder under the names mscope.bak#, where # is a number 1-9. There's also a file named mscope.bak, which I think is a copy the most recent previous version.

Awesome, thank you. Altho I did try another way and it worked. I made a new folder, made a copy of the mscope.bak9 file, renamed it to movie.mscope, and then put this back into the movie folder, and it worked too. But it's nice to know on that backup option. Whew!

Thanks agin, Jamm.

#4 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

Awesome, thank you. Altho I did try another way and it worked. I made a new folder, made a copy of the mscope.bak9 file, renamed it to movie.mscope, and then put this back into the movie folder, and it worked too. But it's nice to know on that backup option. Whew!

Thanks agin, Jamm.

That's the way to go for people like us who don't read the manuals :lol:

As a matter of fact, it was the procedure I thought at first to describe, until something rang inside my head and reminded there was that mostly ignored option.

Anyway, so glad you sorted the problem by yourself. Well done.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#5 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

That's the way to go for people like us who don't read the manuals :lol:

As a matter of fact, it was the procedure I thought at first to describe, until something rang inside my head and reminded there was that mostly ignored option.

Anyway, so glad you sorted the problem by yourself. Well done.

"That's the way to go for people like us who don't read the manuals  :lol:"

laughing with you LOL  xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic._r66Q6BebR.png xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic._r66Q6BebR.png xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic._r66Q6BebR.png ha ha ha - for sure