Reply to this topicStart new topic
Characters UTTERLY warped! MS 1.5, Was working fine, but suddenly...

efalzon
post Jan 5 2012, 5:53 AM
Post #1

Film Critic

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,255

MS15 has been working fine on Win7 Ultimate 64, until yesterday.

Yesterday, things got weird, but I didn't take a screenshot because I figured a reboot would sort things out.

It didn't. Now when I open a simple scene, I get what you see here:

nVidia GeForce 9600GT. works fine with everything, including MS v1.5 until yesterday.

Help??

--------------------
Edward Falzon. Author. Genius.
www.biblicalmorality.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
primaveranz
post Jan 5 2012, 6:31 AM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 2,534

Wow! That is superb, quick make a movie!

--------------------
"I have had the same problem with getting the wheels to rotate properly with animated cars. They have to be all the same size and round and that helps a bit." America's Top Modder.

+Quote Post
efalzon
post Jan 5 2012, 8:40 AM
Post #3

Film Critic

Just for you, mate. wink.gif

--------------------
www.biblicalmorality.com

+Quote Post
corthew
post Jan 5 2012, 8:51 AM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,729

I've seen that happen in games like Fallout 3.

Its amazing that the characters are still able to be manipulated in that form though.

kkffoo experienced a similar problem here:

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/forums/index.p...showtopic=12237

It happened because a mod was trying to access a mesh that was locked or something like that.

Could a pack you were subscribed to have expired?

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Jan 5 2012, 11:08 AM
Post #5

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

It looks to me like you have male and female characters mixed up, or possibly a skeleton for one in the folder for another. Skeletons have a .CSF extension, and having more than one for a model may cause problems.

First: Try disabling hardware skinning (settings, graphics tab) and see if it still happens. If that fixes it, you are done, I think.

Second: Try clicking the 'Safe Addons Only' button (settings, addons tab) to disable all non-shortfuze addons. It is possible that one of the addons you have has an extra skeleton somewhere it shouldnt have.
If that fixes it, then the problem is with one of your addons. Think about what addons you installed since it last worked, or what modding you have done.

Third: Look in AddOn/Core/Data/Puppets/Female01 - does it have a Male01, or GoodMale01, or GoodFemale01 folder in it?
Similarly, check AddOn/Core/Data/Puppets/Male01 - does it have a Female01 folder in it, or either GoodMale or GoodFemale? If the answer to any of these is yes, then that is probably caused by an accidental drag/drop folder move. All of Male01, GoodMale01, GoodFemale01 and Female01 folders should be subfolders of Puppets.

Otherwise, it might well be time to reinstall. Dont delete your old version till you have the new version installed and working - if you have mods, you may well want to copy them from your old version to your new version.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
efalzon
post Jan 5 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #6

Film Critic

Okay, after troubleshooting and finding that it's the Hardware Skinning option, I came back here and found that you had suggested that. :-)

Here's the same footage with no other changes, except Hardware Skinning turned off.

Before testing that, I had physically removed all non-ShortFuze add-ons, to no effect. I also checked whether any addons had expired, but all were up-to-date.

I've since also checked the Puppets folder and that's in order, so I can confirm with confidence that it is only the Hardware Skinning option.

So this raises a couple of new questions:
  1. What's hardware skinning?
  2. What visual effect does it have?
  3. Will I miss it?
  4. Why did it spontaneously stop working?

Thanks to Corthew and Ben for the help. This product remains a wonder in my eyes, and I will be using it extensively for promoting my book and my smart-arse self in the very near future. :-)

Oh, slightly off-topic: I have a bunch of points but presently no access to online cash payments, but I REALLY want the eyes addon! What are my options?

--------------------
www.biblicalmorality.com

+Quote Post
Ben_S
post Jan 5 2012, 1:23 PM
Post #7

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 116

QUOTE (efalzon @ Jan 5 2012, 11:52 AM) *
CODE
[moviestorm]http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/index.php?page=videos&section=view&vid_id=107810[/moviestorm]

I think the correct format is
CODE
[moviestorm]107810[/moviestorm]

Although since that movie isnt working, it still wouldnt work.

So this raises a couple of new questions:
  1. What's hardware skinning?
  2. What visual effect does it have?
  3. Will I miss it?
  4. Why did it spontaneously stop working?

Hardware skinning is using the graphics card to determine where the polygons are (based on bone positions), rather than calculating it within Moviestorm's code.
It should have no visual effect, unless it is not working correctly.
You shouldnt miss it at all; when working it might make a minor difference to the framerate.
I have no idea why it stopped working. Did you change to cel-shading? Or install different graphics drivers? Or delete the machinimascope.properties (resetting things to default)?

Oh, slightly off-topic: I have a bunch of points but presently no access to online cash payments, but I REALLY want the eyes addon! What are my options?

I dont think we have an eyes addon; if it is something made by a modder, you would have to talk to them about payment arangements. They probably have enough moviestorm points, though.

--------------------
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

+Quote Post
keithlawrence
post Jan 5 2012, 2:39 PM
Post #8

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,321

QUOTE (efalzon @ Jan 5 2012, 01:52 PM) *
Oh, slightly off-topic: I have a bunch of points

Make a contest with points prize wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
efalzon
post Jan 5 2012, 3:24 PM
Post #9

Film Critic

Okay, the dewarped version is now working. It didn't upload properly.

Yeah, the one I want is on moddingstorm.com. It's called Eye Motion. No worries, I'll coordinate an online payment method. Definitely worth getting!

Thanks all for the assistance... now to post another problem related to videos on TVs!

Cheers,

Edward.

--------------------
www.biblicalmorality.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: