Photo

Create Cutscenes for Horror Game

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: THE FRIGHT POLL (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you get scared easily?

1. Hell yea I do! (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Ehhh..... Kinda (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Not at all! (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BIOHAZARD

BIOHAZARD

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

DONE

Attached Files

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5390 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (BIOHAZARD @ Aug 31 2013, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The year is 1982, a jouralist by the name of Bradley O'Ryan has discovered the perfect story for his next article. Long ago a hotel was opened in 1922 for only the rich people to stay. Through the first 13 years of it being opened murderings were happening every week. Until finally the hotel was closed in 1935 for good. In 1962 a journalist heard stories about a young girls family that was murdered in the hotel along with the young girl. He was informed that the girl has now haunted/possessed the Hotel to do her evil bidding. The journalist decided to take a trip, but never returned. Now its your turn to go into the hotel and see exactly what had happened over 50 years ago!

I think you need to think a bit more about your storyline.
Do you seriously think that after 52 murders in it's first year of operation that any hotel would still be in business? laugh.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Aug 31 2013, 4:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you seriously think that after 52 murders in it's first year of operation that any hotel would still be in business? laugh.gif

Not murders Prima, Murderings! far, far worse wink.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Wish I had the time to help you with this. However, I could do props and addons for you.

#5 BIOHAZARD

BIOHAZARD

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Aug 31 2013, 4:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for your feedback, but our story has been well thought up and researched. In those days, laws and rules weren't as strict as they are today. Along with that, many deaths were not discovered. So I didn't say that the hotel was finding dead people everywhere. I stated that deaths were happening weekly, but not all were found.

So trust me when I say this, we didn't just whip this story up in 5 minutes, unlike making an animation with moviestorm game developers are required to plan every thing out one step at a time, character bios, models, scripts/coding. So trust me I know what I am doing and the story was planned. I thank you for your concern, but it sounded more like a random guess or insult that had no affect.

Have a good day

#6 BIOHAZARD

BIOHAZARD

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Aug 31 2013, 7:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Murdering's is a word my friend, to mean as mass murderings. I suggest thinking about what you post if your trying to make a point. I do thank you for taking the time to read my post, and then taking the time to post a very pointless response in hopes of getting a rise from it, it shows me the time you have on your hands. So good luck in whatever life your living right now, it seems to be a very bland life.

Thank you

#7 BIOHAZARD

BIOHAZARD

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

#8 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

There's no need to be rude BIOHAZARD.

Making an animation with Moviestorm also requires to plan everything in advance: character bios, character looks, set design, camera work, script, dialogues etc.. Your statement was rather derogatory toward the community.

How far are you with this game? Is it an idea at this point, or do you have a concept document? Have you started with design, programming, art production? Do you have some sort of schedule?

Creating cut scenes takes time, it's not done in 10 minutes. To commit to it, it needs some kind of security that the game won't be abandoned at its initial stage.

Is the Harry Potter MO still in development, btw?

#9 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (BIOHAZARD @ Aug 31 2013, 8:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Murdering's is a word my friend, to mean as mass murderings.

Murdering is definitely a word, still not sure Murderings is, you want Murders surely?
Anyway, it was a jokey comment, not an attempt to get a rise.

If you do want people to help, I would suggest you avoid saying things like "unlike making an animation with moviestorm game developers are required to plan every thing out". It's very dismissive if not offensive to your target staff.

And yes, I lead a very bland life.

Have fun making your murderings game
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#10 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5390 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Aug 31 2013, 7:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt due to his youth laugh.gif

#11 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5390 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (BIOHAZARD @ Sep 1 2013, 8:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for your feedback, but our story has been well thought up and researched. In those days, laws and rules weren't as strict as they are today.

Where is your evidence for that second statement? There is obviously none for the first one. laugh.gif

#12 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3287 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

I really don't think the plot is the issue here.

BIOHAZARD
It's a huge commitment for people to do this, and lots of folk turn up with ideas that don't turn into anything leaving collaborators hanging.
You need to show some previous work, even if it is unrelated, to show you are the kind of person who follows through.

#13 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hey BIOHAZARD
Welcome to the community
QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Aug 31 2013, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
derogatory

I had to look up that word and will confirm smile.gif But don`t worry. There is a way "in"
You are new and didn`t know the people here or how they act. They are (mostly:) nice and very helpful as long as you have a humble approach (or something like that) Don`t bite the hand that feeds you. If you`re serious about this project and determined to get this through you might gonna need them. Chris is a former MS staff and an animation guru. Prima is a modder and long time MS veteran who makes wheels spin. We do (now and then) get asked to join projects with big ambitions that never happens. For me it takes several months to make a decent 3-4 min story. So to jump on something like this, more info is needed.
For me, I didnĀ“t know that they reacted diffrently to a lot of murderes in the old days, so my thoughts were the same as Primas. And Chris was funny, not rude.
Try again, be nice and people will help you. smile.gif

Again, Welcome, Jordan

#14 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (BIOHAZARD @ Aug 31 2013, 8:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unlike making an animation with moviestorm game developers are required to plan every thing out one step at a time, character bios, models, scripts/coding.

Ah shoot! I knew I was doing something wrong with all that scripting, storyboarding, dialogue recording, noise removal, set building, modding, camera framing, rendering, editing, sound mixing, and re-rendering.

If only I'd known you can just make it up as you go along. tongue.gif

#15 aroundworld

aroundworld

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Film - writing - directing - aviation - traveling - machinema - reading - acting -

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Indiana Jones made things up as he went a long!

@ BIO:

Trust me BIO, these guys wouldn't be ribbing you if they were ready to throw the towel in on your request. I know from personnel experience, once they know you're serious they will be MORE THAN HAPPY to lend a hand, give solid advice, and even create mods for your project as long as they know you're (as kate pointed out) going to follow through. They are just as passionate about machinima as you are as you are. And there is some serious talent here. So, relax... get to know some of the folk here let em know you're going to make this project a reality and you'll be better of for it. Good Luck and welcome to the MS community.

Cheers,

Steve A

There is no try, only do or do not.

Learn story telling in the MOVIESTORM education forum. 

START HERE:  http://www.moviestor...showtopic=13153