• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Chris Bouchard is an independent filmmaker working in London, UK. He learned his craft by participating in his student film-making society at York University while he was supposed to be studying engineering. Now 30 years old, his day job is visual effects engineer at Oscar-winning post-production company Framestore. They’re one of those companies you probably haven’t heard of unless you’re in the industry, but you’ve -undoubtedly seen their work, which includes high profile movies like Harry Potter, Avatar, Clash of the Titans, Sherlock Holmes, Chronicles of Narnia, Troy, X-Men and The Dark Knight, as well as the title sequence for Doctor Who and commercials for companies such as Coca-Cola. Chris spends his days researching and dealing with technical issues for these sorts of high-budget blockbuster projects.

To satisfy his creative urges, though, Chris continues to make his own ultra-low-budget movies. He hasn’t directed as many as he’d like, he admits, but the one he’s most proud of is a 40 minute unofficial Tolkien adaptation called The Hunt For Gollum he made in 2009 which was shot on a budget of £3000 and has now been seen by over 10 million people.

He’s now working on his first feature film, Looking Over The Dragon, which has just finished shooting. It’s set in the London borough of Hackney, and it’s about a drug deal gone wrong. He used Moviestorm extensively in the planning stages of the film (the 4 months leading up to the shoot).

READ MORE
The Moviestorm Team

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5215 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

Excellent news. I hope he spreads the word wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 sfdex

sfdex

Master Director

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

I'm in pre-production on a next-to-no-budget feature film, myself, and am using Moviestorm extensively for animatics and general pre-vis. It's a fantastic tool for such.

When the feature is done (and we're expecting it to take about 3 years), I expect that I'll release the animatics for at least a few of the scenes as a special feature on the BluRay and DVD.
MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5215 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (sfdex @ Jul 13 2012, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in pre-production on a next-to-no-budget feature film, myself,

So that's where you've been Dex! Glad to know you are still around wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"