Photo

Sitting in my car, can't get my feet off the floor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Car interiors addon from MS.L. interested? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Sounds interesting

1. Yes (12 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:30 AM

At a loss to find a sitting position within MS that will look good in a car interior. Maybe i've missed it but i don't see any sitting possitions (so i can set my seating props) with legs up off the ground for external shots.

I'm developing this:

The idea is to have low (for distance\12,000 face) and high ( for closeups\20,000 face) poly prop car good for acting within. That also have cut-away parts, turning wheels and maybe even moving wipers....
Better if i had the 'specs' (and template) for building a real-ms-car in 3dsmax.

With 5 sit-able seats I can make the seats into 'sitting-low' settings. As long as you don't film under car, getting into/out of car or want to move the car while characters are seated ;-) ... it should work well.
--

It could make for a good idea (a future addon) for MS.L. to convert their cars for internal character filming, along with a few character animations (eg.getting into/out of car, driving, etc.). Along with animated backdrops studio that can give the illusion of driving.
All somewhat like "The Movies" can do, MS.L. could do it just as good if not better.

#2 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (tree @ Dec 5 2009, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The idea is to have low (for distance\12,000 face) and high ( for closeups\20,000 face) poly prop car good for acting within.

Hi Tree, just a very quick note, our cars are under 2000 polys, if you fill a scene with 12,000 poly cars ( and a 20k one for close up) you're very quickly going to impair the framerates and make MS hard to work with.

Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#3 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

I'm always wishing to have interior car scenes, I'm always finding myself annoyed I can't write one if I'm going to make one (which makes Sonya's scene in "Only Alien" that much more amazing smile.gif ).

I've also been looking back on a few of my old screenplays and realize they all have important scenes in cars.

I'd love to have a set or prop where I could have a scene made. smile.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, tree.

#4 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Dec 5 2009, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Tree, just a very quick note, our cars are under 2000 polys, if you fill a scene with 12,000 poly cars ( and a 20k one for close up) you're very quickly going to impair the framerates and make MS hard to work with.

Yes, chris that is true-(and how on earth can you make a 2k car look so good!)- It's a struggle for me to work with (make) low poly and still have a good looking prop in the end.

Props of 20K poly and greater don't work so well on stocked MS. sets. I've seen people share huge poly (68k) props which may make peoples MS. experience in-game a hassle. The restriction of art vs function makes things pretty tricky.
I've been experimenting with the car above. 11k poly car should work well for closeup interiors- will look good-ish and function well in low spec machines-- needs alot of work still: selected object is 8k with it's wheels off. the interior like the seats could be easily 'cut-back' .... maybe could end up with a 4k prop.

MS is sensitive and needs a poly counter in-game that can report on over-stocking (overload), specific and overall props usage.
Things like addons that have 68k poly prop would get reported in-game and flag a warning to users of it's potential. That way MS. can blame (give reason) over-stocking rather then being a weak realtime engine ;-)

QUOTE (act3scene24 @ Dec 5 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm always wishing to have interior car scenes, I'm always finding myself annoyed I can't write one if I'm going to make one (which makes Sonya's scene in "Only Alien" that much more amazing smile.gif ).

I've also been looking back on a few of my old screenplays and realize they all have important scenes in cars.

I'd love to have a set or prop where I could have a scene made. smile.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, tree.

I wander what i'll come up with too LOL.

MS. is made for interiors. Imagine what MS.L. could come up with... worth a few dollars too :-)

#5 TylerHorniman

TylerHorniman

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 04:06 AM

The picture is amazing. They have the best tools for the film making. I have watched many of their films. And their choreography is so unique and amazing as I can visit https://www.vinpit.c...r/mercedes-benz for vin check motorcycle. Hope that they will be able to share about this film making with more people.