Reply to this topicStart new topic
A MODest Proposal (Nailed it), Just an idea I'm throwing out there

post Jan 20 2012, 8:21 PM
Post #1

Critically acclaimed

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,307

I recently had an idea for a mod, one that could ease a headache some of us may feel (at least one I do).

Crowds- if we want them in our videos, we have to have create many characters and import them, which could cause Moviestorm to lag. So I thought, why not make an animated prop that’s a crowd of people?

I dunno...maybe this would take up as much memory....just an idea.

I thought about what sort of crowds could be used, and this is my list-

• Line of people
  • Idling crowd
  • Charging army
  • Clamoring reporters
  • Dancing club goers
  • Moshing group
  • Children playing
  • Formal party goers
  • Chorus line
  • Table of people eating (table would be included in prop)

I was going to save this if and when I grasp modding, but I figure the sooner it’s made, the better. Besides, it would be done more justice with the capable hands I’ve seen here. smile.gif

Just an idea, feel free to use it if you want.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Jan 20 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Master Director
Group Icon

Group: Pioneers
Member No.: 341

Making a crowd of characters and having them animated would be higher poly than just using Moviestorm puppets. Using the animated children and other characters I created, I can have about four to six of them on a set along with about 25 Moviestorm puppets and I made them as low poly as possible too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
corthew
post Jan 22 2012, 6:26 PM
Post #3

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,729

QUOTE (162 @ Jan 20 2012, 04:21 PM) *
I recently had an idea for a mod, one that could ease a headache some of us may feel (at least one I do).

Crowds- if we want them in our videos, we have to have create many characters and import them, which could cause Moviestorm to lag. So I thought, why not make an animated prop that’s a crowd of people?

It could be doable if they were only used as out of focus background for example. A camera tracking through a crowd of extremely low poly people with full body low res textures as it follows a main character or focusing on different MS characters as it tracks could work.

It may be a challenge though for whomever does it to keep the physical size down.

--------------------
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

+Quote Post
lucindamc123
post Jan 22 2012, 7:21 PM
Post #4

Master Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 341

Corthew how do you make them low poly enough? I tried that with my Chinese adults and children I made but they are still very high poly. If you can tell me how to do this, I could create some crowds as I need them for Vautrin too.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: