• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

It’s that time of year again. In front yards and windows everywhere, skeletons and tombstones are appearing. It’s no different at Moviestorm. Our annual Halloween pack this year is The Graveyard, perfect for those spooky scenes. Now the dead can rise from the grave to terrorise the living - or make them laugh. It’s your call - you’re the director!

As you’d expect, the Graveyard pack includes a selection of gravestones, a church, and a gatehouse. including Graveyard Grass, some tree silhouettes, and a backdrop, as well as customisable skeletons and stock characters. There are animations for getting your characters to start in the grave so they can rise, and a set of suitably terrified responses for your humans. And, as a finishing touch, we’ve included a neat little raven, with all the animations required to fly, squawk, and peck at things.

If you don’t want to go to the trouble of creating your own graveyard, there’s a ready-made diorama so you can get filming in moments. The graveyard pack includes all the content from the old Photostorm Bones pack, slightly updated so it works better with Moviestorm 1.4.

Get it now for just 500 points - or rent it for a month for only 50 points. Visit the marketplace, or hit Get More Content when you start Moviestorm.

For the ultimate Halloween thriller, combine the Graveyard with our previous Halloween packs: our 2008 pack includes traditional trick or treat items and spooky furniture, and our 2009 packs featured a huge selection of customisable male and female monster heads.
The Moviestorm Team

#2 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1135 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

Well, that's a big fat YAY! from yours truly wink.gif
"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Hosting for the Urban Decay Pack thanks to Ichikaiden ... Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#3 stellarfruitcake

stellarfruitcake

Film Critic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

I've just been raving about this one on another thread. It's so raveworthy that I could not pass up the chance to rave about it again. Eleven out of ten, definitely smile.gif

#4 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

The raven is beautiful! I've forgotten something basic, though: how do we direct it once its in flight?

#5 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (willshetterly @ Oct 7 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The raven is beautiful! I've forgotten something basic, though: how do we direct it once its in flight?

If its the same as the bat and cars, you scub along the timeline to the point in its movement path where you want to changes its direction, then:

1) Hold Shift and left click to drag it left or right of its original path

2) Hold ctrl and left click to rotate it

#6 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

daleh, thanks! It's been way too long since I've made a movie. When the swordfighting shows up, I'll be out of excuses.

#7 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

Uh, one more question: How do I make the raven go up and down? I went and played the flying saucer video to see if that had the answer:

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=103488

But it doesn't.

I love the way we can control glide and wing flap. I have visons of winged people now...

#8 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (willshetterly @ Oct 7 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, one more question: How do I make the raven go up and down? I went and played the flying saucer video to see if that had the answer:

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=103488

But it doesn't.

I love the way we can control glide and wing flap. I have visons of winged people now...

When you make a flight path for the bird scrub in and on pc hold shift and ctrl while left clicking and holding on the bird, you can then drag it up and down wink.gif

Hope the Moviestorm guys don`t mind but I did a little promo video showing off this magnificent creature, check it out here biggrin.gif

I hope you guys can release more animals because this one is great. Oh yeah and the new features in this pack are great too laugh.gif

#9 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

kv, thanks! I did some more experimenting, and on the mac, holding shift-command works. Makes beautiful flight paths!

And nice little movie!

#10 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 923 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (kv @ Oct 8 2010, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope the Moviestorm guys don`t mind but I did a little promo video showing off this magnificent creature, check it out here biggrin.gif

I hope you guys can release more animals because this one is great. Oh yeah and the new features in this pack are great too laugh.gif

Thanks for the Anim. demo of the bird; looks great.

#11 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1910 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:04 AM

This is an amazing pack! Thank you so much! smile.gif

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#12 kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:34 AM

Many thanks guys, for granting my request. 'Quoth' is about as perfect a beastie as I was hoping for. Wonderful set laugh.gif

#13 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5373 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

I don't see the pack in the download list when I go to "Get More Content". Halloween 2009 is there and Halloween (which is showing as installed already on my PC) but is that just the Photostorm version?

<EDIT> Its OK it started downloading anyway wink.gif </EDIT>

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#14 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

I'm sure they won't mind, since your little demo convinced me to buy the damn pack!!! GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

Great job!

C