• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

It seems to have vanished... I can't find how to get it back in the controls.
Is there a way of seeing the flat view again?

EDIT: Very strange, I have the flat view on one machine, but not on the other... What do I need to change on the one without?
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Jul 26 2010, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems to have vanished... I can't find how to get it back in the controls.
Is there a way of seeing the flat view again?

EDIT: Very strange, I have the flat view on one machine, but not on the other... What do I need to change on the one without?

The same thing happened to me awhile back but I don't know how I fixed it. Do you use Firefox as it may have had something to do with the browser not the website.

#3 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1147 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

Don´t know.
I have it perfect on chrome but it fails on safari. However the MS videos often fails to be shown on chrome where it never fails on safari. Let the ms staff build a new browser for us laugh.gif

#4 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:56 AM

Strange behaviour indeed...but fixed now, thank heavens.
In other browsers on this machine things were normal, as were they in Firefox on other machines, and so I figured it might be a cookie thing. After deleting the cookie things are back to normal again... Hallelujah! smile.gif
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#5 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

If you do a google search for something on our forums, and click the link, the link includes view=threaded.
Your browser then remembers that you 'like' view=threaded, and untill you clear your cookies, or go to a view=flat page, then you will keep seeing pages in the threaded mode.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#6 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

I don't have that in the URL, so that I can only fix it by deleting all cookies and logging in again.

My links here look like this:
[noparse]http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=0&showtopic=9080&pid=64686&st=0&#entry64686[/noparse]
(no "threaded" or "flat" in it - am I missing something?)

#7 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 934 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

It's been said elsewhere but it really can't be said enough because it's so aggravating when it happens. The fix to this is to add "&mode=flat" to the end of your url.

#8 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Aug 31 2010, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you do a google search for something on our forums, and click the link, the link includes view=threaded.
Your browser then remembers that you 'like' view=threaded, and untill you clear your cookies, or go to a view=flat page, then you will keep seeing pages in the threaded mode.

How do I do Google search for something on MS forums? I mean I know how to do a Google search from the Google Web site, but to use the Google Search engine to search only the MS web site??? Clueless!!

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#9 Reacher

Reacher

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (PapaG @ May 2 2011, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do I do Google search for something on MS forums? I mean I know how to do a Google search from the Google Web site, but to use the Google Search engine to search only the MS web site??? Clueless!!
Add site:moviestorm.co.uk to your search terms, or go to the advanced search page and fill out the 'search within a site or domain' field.

-- Reacher

#10 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I'm having a bit of a stupid day (me rather than day = stupid). Could someone post an example link which would bring me back to a flat earth?

#11 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 934 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Kate - here is the full explanation I last used.

The fix to this is to add "&mode=flat" to the end of your url.
Or if the url already has "mode=threaded" in it change "threaded" to "flat".

Usually, clicking on a link with the flat view changes your default view back so try this random one:

Random Link

#12 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

You are now officially my hero Mr N!

I wonder if this thread is worth a sticky?