• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:30 PM

Heard through the grapevine that there is more to come with the fight choreography. Has anyone messed with it yet? My own trial showed a good amount of control. The basic fighting stance looks a bit awkward, but the movement is smooth.

As a reference, see my fight choreography in my movie Slap It On Me. Movie thread is Here.

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3282 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:52 AM

Bug:
After the puppets fall down, if they get up and resume fighting they are facing the wrong way..ie away from their opponent.

I can see this being a very useful tool for many film-makers ,and a good template for other interactions.

Dance has already been discussed.
Romance.
Sport.

I'm sure everyone can think of others.

#3 mrjoyce

mrjoyce

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

Also if the puppet falls down, it's head may move when no gestures or movement wa assigned to it.
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" - Orson Welles

Pineapple Pictures
http://pinechunks.blogspot.com/

#4 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

I'd like to see more lateral movement. Feints and taunts. Stumbling. Beginning on another fight movie right now for more study.

#5 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

What I would like to see is damage carrying over, for example if you have one character punch another in his ribs over and over he starts favoring that side not just be hurt for the moment he was hit only, then his actions become limited in what you can choose for that character as the fight goes on.
but of course there should always be one option available to the Hero the magical fight back from almost dead selection, so he can win the fight in the end lol.

Regards
Davidwww

Moviestorm still Number One

#6 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:35 AM

Yes to all. If we're talking about a fight/action pack, I'd also like to see animations like sneaking (in both crouched and sliding against the wall positions), crawling, rolling from point a to point b, jumping over and on top of things, kicking, etc etc etc. All the normal actions you see in shoot 'em up, role playing games.

#7 neut

neut

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

I'd like to see fight scenes from characters that can't fight very well. Injured, drunk, tired, not very good at all etc etc

#8 DavidB

DavidB

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

all noted - more soon

David J W Bailey ACA MA MSc GIBiol MInstD

blog.david.bailey.net www.twitter.com/davidjwbailey www.flickr.com/people/davidjwbailey

#9 Tyrannus007

Tyrannus007

Film Critic

• Pioneers
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

I would like it if it were possible for more than two characters to fight at the same time. You could have two characters beat up another, for example.