Photo

How would you use Moviestorm in schools?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

Wow! Awesome! :-D Good for you and the students as well! It's going to be so fun and interesting for them. I wish I had a teacher like you in school. :evil:

#22 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

I was just thinking about the therapeutic value of this software. For all kinds of therapy.

#23 123dimi

123dimi

Film Critic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

Im going to suade my school to center moviestorm into a club type thing, it helps me alot in many forms and my drama teacher loves my clips i think, im bringing some creative students and me together to make clips or one big movie to show at the end of school.

I hope they accept it.
And for the therapy thing i think thats true, for example; say a women is a really good singer but has stage fright, she is scared they wont like her, well using moviestorm she could just make a animated figure sing with her voice and she could see how much people like her thus improving her confidence.
Very good software i love it.

#24 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:22 AM

my sixpence worth is no but yes i'm a teacher both our children are home educated and i have already used moviestorms with the eldest 8yrs old and he loved it......but just a thought for schools or two. 1st is addons if it's to be used sucessfully across networks i.e more than one installation MS are gonna have to look at maybe a reduced price mutli-seat deal for addons....as this is what really makes MS and will keep the kids interested. The core base free download is great for free but quite limited without addons.

Also some basic modding re-texturing etc so they can get enthused about their own creations.- have some blank ready made templates for them to play with.

Lastly i thought it could also be aimed at the goverment int' Citizenship drive ...ms could be used to act out and show proper and improper behaviour bullying both mental and physical etc ...as well as many other social issues.

oh and a quick thought on the GUNS issue i think it would not be blocked as it's not a game but a tool for making movies (ART FORM) and like shakespear's plays they wouldn't get banned for swords and sharp objects,poisons etc

Like when i studied Drama at college although swearing was banned in college, if we thought a dramatic production needed and warranted the "F" or even the "C" word we did.....we were neva blocked by the college as it wasn't done purely to shock. We also had various weapons in productions as well .

but tbh things may have changed it was a while back......i do hope education hasn't become less liberal in the arts. :S

#25 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

(rampa)
I was just thinking about the therapeutic value of this software. For all kinds of therapy.

Interesting area to explore - what sort of things are you thinking of?
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#26 neut

neut

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

I've just recently used Moviestorm to create a 6min presentation to aid childrens awareness of the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse.

I must say there was silence in the room whilst the movie played and led to a good discussion and written work afterwards. The film was nothing special just a character narrating a leaflet I found on the web with a series of photographs in the background.

My point is the fact that it ws something new and unexpected the class (or should I say most of year 7 it was shown for 5 lessons) where rivited and even though it was my own voice used, again their attention was fixed to the screen and there was a difinate sense of the all impotant WOW factor in the room.

I will definatly be using Moviestorm within the classroom for future presentations, as the proof is in the pudding that it has worked.

neut laugh.gif

#27 character

character

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

I think its a Good Tool for ARTS students, can be used in Mass Communication Classes for training.

#28 jtmrfilms

jtmrfilms

Film Critic

• Pioneers
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

I am a teacher who specializes in something called "accelerated learning". This is basically using methods and techniques that increase the learning speed and retention 10 times above the normal rates using preferred learning styles and helping students understand how their brains work and learn (using emotional anchors such as enjoyment and neuro connections). i use movie storm with "visual" learners to help with any subject from maths to sci and English, even history and languages. Its simply done. Imagine your teaching a peom in English for example, no matter how many times you read the poem, a Visual learner will switch off and so not understand it. So I ask them to take movie storm and created a visualization of the poem. By using their visual creative abilities to represent the poem the student understands it far better and comes to enjoy the text a lot more. Have a think about how to use a students visual talents (if indeed they are visual and not auditory or kinesthetic) to help them learn using this tool.

If you want any tips for any specific subjects feel free to message me.
James