• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

Make a holiday greeting!

http://www.moviestor...holidayGreeting

There. You see? Ask and ye shall receive.

Only when you're good though.

Otherwise it's coals and onions all around.

#2 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

How do we submit an entry?

#3 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:09 AM

Under 2 min will be a challenge! Wait a minute, I already have a 33 sec. holiday greeting! Er... okay, I gotta do something with a bit of quality. I'll give it a shot!

#4 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:43 AM

Linking tot he question i posted earlier http://www.moviestor.../list/3452.page

#5 thefr00n

thefr00n

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:45 AM

I have a question. The Rules say we have to use MovieStorm as the primary production software. Does that mean we're not allowed to use another compositor?

Just asking because I like to render out of MovieStorm and then cut together in Premiere.

#6 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:00 AM

Editing and compositing would be post-production. wink.gif

David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#7 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:00 AM

Primary means you can have secondary and tertiary packages fr00n smile.gif

ffoo, do what you want wink.gif Just keep it Moviestorm at its heart. Crazy talk on the snowman is fine, a bit of snow on top, no problem. Just don't make something in Maya mixed with live video and stick the MS stamp in the bottom left corner when you post produce it in Combustion biggrin.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#8 thefr00n

thefr00n

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:15 AM

Ah, that's fine then. Thanks for the feedback

#9 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:35 AM

(Armanus)

When you upload your movie, you'll see the competition entry form on the movie page.

#10 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:37 AM

Aww Chris, I have a pet name now, how sweet (ffoo smile.gif )
Thanks for the quick answer.

#11 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:53 AM

(kkffoo)
Aww Chris, I have a pet name now, how sweet (ffoo smile.gif )
Thanks for the quick answer.

You are all our pets! biggrin.gif Actually I think it's the other way round most days wink.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#12 dpickett

dpickett

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

Quicky:

I have found some good music at

http://feelslikechristmas.com

I am going to use it but this is their TOS:

"The songs on this site are provided for free, legal download...but there are a few restrictions. Since we receive a lot of questions about this, here are some guidelines:

unrestricted personal listening is permitted. This includes listening on a personal computer, burning a personal CD and transfer to a personal listening device (i.e., iPod or MP3 player)

burning a copy to give to a friend as a GIFT is permitted, as is sending an MP3 as an email attachment

redistributing this music to others and charging a fee of any kind for it is not permitted (as this implies that you have ownership and the legal right to do so, which you do not)

posting these songs on another web site is not permitted without express permission (as this implies that you have ownership and the legal right to do so, which you do not)

use of this music by a company for on hold listening, as a soundtrack for a broadcast or non-broadcast commercial, as part of a custom CD to send as a gift to clients, or as background music for your company's Christmas e-card is not permitted. Companies are, by definition, for-profit ventures...whether or not the immediate use appears to have a direct profit motive.

use by non-profit organizations in non-profit settings is permitted, as long as artist credit is given, where possible (for example, a written credit)"

Can I use it?
Composer, Producer
David Pickett

#13 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:09 AM

(dpickett)
use by non-profit organizations in non-profit settings is permitted, as long as artist credit is given, where possible (for example, a written credit)"
Can I use it?

I would say do that and you're fine.
The Ecard comment is referring to using it on a promotional card, predominantly advertising a company. As long as you're not doing this as a commercial promo for your own profit you're fine.
Chris Ollis

#14 dpickett

dpickett

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

Thanks! I have a great idea and am starting now.
Composer, Producer
David Pickett

#15 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:16 AM

excellent, and cheers for posting the link smile.gif
Chris Ollis

#16 BeruPly

BeruPly

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

So it has to be a greeting? Have an idea for a movie, but the entry is supposed to not be a movie, rather it should be a greeting? Is that so? Or would a short movie be fine?

#17 johnnie

johnnie

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

(yolise)
(Armanus)

When you upload your movie, you'll see the competition entry form on the movie page.

You can also submit your movie from the competition page itself. If you're logged in to your Moviestormer account, you'll see a drop-down list (just below the heading "Enter this competition"). The list contains every movie currently uploaded on your Moviestormer page. Just pick the appropriate movie and click "Enter now".

Obviously, for this to work you'll need to be logged in to the site, and you'll need to have uploaded your competition entry movie already.
Johnnie Ingram
Co-Author, Machinima For Dummies

QUOTE (The Overcast @ July 23 2006)

#18 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:46 AM

(BeruPly)
So it has to be a greeting? Have an idea for a movie, but the entry is supposed to not be a movie, rather it should be a greeting? Is that so? Or would a short movie be fine?

The competition really is about making a Greeting. You can enter a movie, of course, and if we think it looks like a Greeting, we'll consider it. If it doesn't, we won't throw it out, but it probably won't win. smile.gif

#19 BeruPly

BeruPly

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:47 AM

well, now I got an idea for a greeting as well... laugh.gif

#20 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:59 AM

(dpickett)
I have found some good music at
http://feelslikechristmas.com
[...]
Can I use it?

As Chris says, if it's a personal greeting, rather than a corporate one, and you provide the proper artist credit, you should be in good shape. My own holiday greeting from last year* used a track I found at that site.

*And yes, I thought about entering it in this competition... but it runs over the time limit, by 20 seconds. Oh... and it's a year old. biggrin.gif
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent