• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 BA

BA

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 455 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

Sheesh, Moviestorm really does have a high flyer in Jeff.

Jeff Zie?s 20 years of experience in media includes holding creative, strategic and senior management positions within Grey Advertising (HK), WPP, EMAP, Microsoft, BSkyB, Electronic Arts, and Liberty Media. Within the last 10 years, Jeff has successfully built, managed, and grown teams within large corporate and start-up environments. Career highlights include launching Sky Interactive, the UK's leading and most successful interactive/enhanced TV service, and launching PlayJam, the most successful independent interactive-TV games channel.

Quite a lot about you on the web Jeff. Hopefully your experience with Microsoft has not damaged your enthusiasm.

Matt and Dave Review our last film "Faith Hope and Charity". http://blackaceprodu...ious/Review.wma

#22 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

Nice to see the SF team expanding and taking on board people with such talent.
Can't wait to see what Jeff will bring to Moviestorm - 2009 looks set to be a great year.

On a lighter note, I see everyone is hoping for bikes. Can I be very un-PC and beg for martial arts again? wink.gif
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#23 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:53 AM

(luxaeternam)
Nice to see the SF team expanding and taking on board people with such talent.
Can't wait to see what Jeff will bring to Moviestorm - 2009 looks set to be a great year.

On a lighter note, I see everyone is hoping for bikes. Can I be very un-PC and beg for martial arts again? wink.gif

YES!! THANK YOU!! It seems as though you and I are alone on this one...

#24 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1135 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:19 AM

NEW CAP'N on DECK! Welcome Aboard, aaaaaargh!

[quote=act3scene24][quote=luxaeternam]Nice to see the SF team expanding and taking on board people with such talent.

On a lighter note, I see everyone is hoping for bikes. Can I be very un-PC and beg for martial arts again? wink.gif[/quote]

YES!! THANK YOU!! It seems as though you and I are alone on this one...
[i]** A human form, silhouetted in the doorway, simply raises three fingers, accompanied by spaghetti-western-style backing **

I'm waiting for a martialy arty addony thing this before I can start my "The Matrix Rebooted" project smile.gif

PN
"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Hosting for the Urban Decay Pack thanks to Ichikaiden ... Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#25 thefr00n

thefr00n

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

That sounds entirely reasonable. I hereby add my voice: Martial Arts please!

(except Tai Chi)
(that would just be lame)

#26 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

Yeah, yeah, we got it - martial arts! I've been talking with a professional stunt team about how you do martial arts for movies, which ain't quite the same as martial arts for real or martial arts for games.

Any particular martial art?

I suggest we move this to a different forum, though.
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#27 DavidB

DavidB

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 793 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:50 PM

(BA)
Welcome aboard Jeff. And very glad to hear David is still deeply involved in the development of the product.

Quite a CV there Jeff. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

David has left the building.
David J W Bailey ACA MA MSc GIBiol MInstD

blog.david.bailey.net www.twitter.com/davidjwbailey www.flickr.com/people/davidjwbailey

#28 thefr00n

thefr00n

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

What, permanent, like? Say it isn't so.

#29 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

This is a big disappointment that David has left as he has been so interested in all of us and our movies and been a big promoter and support for us and for Moviestorm.

#30 Overman

Overman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

(DavidB)

In the welcome thread for the new CEO? Love and appreciate you, DB, and on principle I'm against kicking a man when he's down, but of all the ways you could choose to say farewell (assuming that's what this is) from a corporate team, this is one of the more astonishingly unprofessional ways you could have chosen.

I'll miss you, but just as much, I'll regret (on your behalf) this apparent decision to play the forum arsonist. It is so beneath the person we know you to be.
Phil "Overman" Rice
Zarathustra Studios - http://z-studios.com
You can connect with us On Twitter, On Facebook, On YouTube, and On Vimeo.

#31 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

Overman, when something is fresh, people need as much slack as they can get.

David, good luck!

#32 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

(Overman)
(DavidB)

In the welcome thread for the new CEO? Love and appreciate you, DB, and on principle I'm against kicking a man when he's down, but of all the ways you could choose to say farewell (assuming that's what this is) from a corporate team, this is one of the more astonishingly unprofessional ways you could have chosen.

I'll miss you, but just as much, I'll regret (on your behalf) this apparent decision to play the forum arsonist. It is so beneath the person we know you to be.

I think David probably figured that most people would see this here and it was appropriate since earlier in this thread it was mentioned that David was going to do business development. so lets not blow this up out of proportion. After all David is not going to come back to these boards and read any of these messages or comment on them.

#33 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

Please join Dave and myself in wishing David farewell and extending our thanks in this thread.

Let's not turn this into an argument about who should post what where. Discussion closed, OK?

Thanks.

Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#34 Overman

Overman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:59 PM

I'd just like to apologize to David Bailey and to everyone on this forum for my comment a few posts ago. It was an honest expression of how I feel, but that doesn't make this the appropriate context or manner in which I should have expressed that feeling.

Please accept my apology for bad judgment. And let's continue to respect Matt's request that we focus on the real farewell thread. (Even though I guess I didn't by posting this, but I felt I needed to do so.)

Thanks!
Phil "Overman" Rice
Zarathustra Studios - http://z-studios.com
You can connect with us On Twitter, On Facebook, On YouTube, and On Vimeo.

#35 BA

BA

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 455 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:53 AM

You are admonished by the Great and Lesser Matt (The two constellations near Polaris), our leader and beacon of all that is wrong with the world (apart from fashion).

But you may not be forgiven by the public. As punishment my pet Scottish terrier has been instructed to administer the traditional Moviestorm punishment.

Sic him Rover !!!

Grrr Grr gerrr !!!!

Provided the O Matt does not scribe the great final tablet with the commandment of fashion, we may yet all avoid the horsemen of the apocalypse.

We await the first official address of the new high priestess of Moviestorm, the great and almighty Zee, who's name signifies the end of all that is alphabet.

D to Z is indeed a great leap, but only time will tell if this leap in grapheme will have the desired effect.

Until then, let me welcome the great and almighty "Zed".

As far as posting in the wrong forum is concerned. I would bow my head and whisper. "Wrong Forum ? I am man...I post in no Forum".

OK I'll get my coat.
Matt and Dave Review our last film "Faith Hope and Charity". http://blackaceprodu...ious/Review.wma

#36 rocuro

rocuro

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

Welcome Jeff.

#37 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

Hi Jeff nice to have another biker here.