• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

Many of you will be familiar with David Bailey, who was our CEO from October 2006, until last December. He's now moving on from Short Fuze.

Dave and I would personally like to extend our thanks to David for all the hard work he put in during his time with us. Before he came on board as CEO, David was a consultant for nearly a year. He joined us not long after Dave and I started Moviestorm, so he's been with us from the very early days, when we were all working out of our spare bedrooms. During his years at Short Fuze, David took the company to 20 people, oversaw the development of Moviestorm, and raised about 3m investment. It's no lie to say that, quite simply, we wouldn't be here without him, and neither would Moviestorm.

We are extremely proud of what we've achieved with Moviestorm, and that's in no small part due to David's tireless efforts.

He was always a champion of the users, and most mornings we'd come in to find him watching your movies, commenting, and showing us what you'd done. That was a huge inspiration to us all.

David, we hope you look back on your time at Short Fuze with pride, and we know that we couldn't have asked for a nicer, kinder, or harder-working guy on the team.

Please join us in wishing him well.
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

Well I certainly agree with you about how great David has been here for all of us and I know he was watching our movies and was interested in all of us. I will miss seeing David around here and I know everyone else will. Thanks David for all you have done.

#3 tapeduck

tapeduck

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

I didn't get to meet David, since I just recemtly signerd up, but I wish him well in his future endeavours. Good luck david. sounds like you were quite the guy around here smile.gif

#4 Yarmond

Yarmond

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

Thanks David for all your hard work. I'll truly miss you!!!

#5 Overman

Overman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

Good luck to you David.
Phil "Overman" Rice
Zarathustra Studios - http://z-studios.com
You can connect with us On Twitter, On Facebook, On YouTube, and On Vimeo.

#6 saument

saument

Director

• Pioneers
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

All the best to you, David.
=================================
Stephen Aument
Jeslync Pictures

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

Well from knowing David's record and experience, he is sure going to be someone to watch in the future, because whatever he becomes involved in is sure to be a success.

#8 dpickett

dpickett

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 448 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:36 PM

Sorry to hear you're leaving, thanks for all your help on Moviestorm and for making it the product it is today.
Composer, Producer
David Pickett

#9 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

Thank you, Mr. Bailey. It's been an honor.
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#10 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for everything David. I wouldn't be having so much fun without you. If Moviestorm never existed I'd still have to be...I don't remember what I was doing before Moviestorm. Wow, and it's only been two months for me! See what you did?

#11 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:31 AM

Best of luck, David!

#12 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:45 AM

I hate it when David's leave :cry: hopefully you will be able to pop back to say Hi every now and then because we will miss you.

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#13 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

Best wishes for you David! Thank you for everything that you did...you should be proud smile.gif

#14 jleao

jleao

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:00 AM

Thanks, David. All the best for your future projects.

#15 BA

BA

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 455 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:14 AM

I for one respect all you have done for Moviestorm.

Please keep in touch and please remember to keep me informed of the projects we discussed in Bletchley.

Sad day indeed.
Matt and Dave Review our last film "Faith Hope and Charity". http://blackaceprodu...ious/Review.wma

#16 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

Best wishes to you David, where ever the road takes you. And pop in once in a while, eh?

#17 jeffz

jeffz

Film Critic

• Pioneers
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:37 AM

First, apologies for my tardiness in responding to this. Moviestorm wouldn't be where it is today without David, and we all wish him the best for the future.

It's been a hectic few weeks, and whilst it's always sad to see the departure of a friend, I'm also excited about where we're going with Moviestorm, and our focus on taking it to the next level.

As some of you may have noticed, we're expanding our team to improve both the Moviestorm 'core', and are in the midst to planning some significant improvements over the course of 2009. We want to enable you all to create more content - with greater ease and stability. At the same time, I want to make Moviestorm available to more creative people and to grow this great community.

So, I'd like to thank Mr. B for passing the torch. It's an honour to be carrying it.

#18 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:47 AM

Good luck for the future David, you leave a behind a legacy to be proud of!

#19 thefr00n

thefr00n

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

Happy Trails, David.

I hope this isn't the last we see of you. You've made a huge impact here and it's going to be ... different ... without you.

So please pop in from time to time. I know you'll always be welcome.

#20 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3286 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

I feel very sad that DavidB won't be here any longer.
There seem to be quite a group of talented ex-SFemployees out in the meta-verse now, and like previous alumni I expect to see David's name appearing in various new and exciting ventures
In a more imaginative hour, I can visualise a Short Fuze Dr Evil style character pressing buttons and ejecting his staff from office chairs into firey pits, but reality suggests that it is natural that people come and go as a business moves on.
I will miss David's communication skills, his enthusiasm and encouragement, his genuine excitement at the new creations posted by Moviestorm users and his huge commitment to making this program work, both technically and by way of encouraging new users.
As Moviestorm gets larger we will miss the chance to get to know the team, in the way that was possible in the early days.
Jeff takes on a different company to the newborn David helped nurture.
The challenges, user-base and background economic climate have shifted exponentially and Jeff cannot be expected to get to know users as individuals, in the way that was possible back in beta.
Goodbye David, and good luck with whatever you try next!
Good luck Jeff and team, and avoid sitting on those big tilty chairs in the boardroom because you never know......