• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:04 PM

It's time for a competition. We haven't had one for ages. And, since it's Christmas, then we really ought to do one with a Christmas theme, shouldn't we? So, make a Christmas movie, then post it to the Moviestorm Web site and tag it "Christmas2009" so we can find it. Movies must be made wholly or partly with Moviestorm (or Photostorm), and can be of any length. You can treat the subject any way you like - a Christmas card, comedy, a Christmas message, or whatever. We're fairly broadminded here, so if you want to make your movie about Hanukkah, the winter solstice, or whichever midwinter festival you prefer, that's absolutely fine too.

Closing date is midnight UK time on December 23, so you have two weeks.

We'll then put up a short list of six or so on Christmas Eve, and you then get to vote for your favorite. The person with the most votes on New Year's Day will get 10,000 Moviestorm points, which is enough to get at least five content packs of your choice - more if you go for the smaller packs. You don't have to be a subscriber to use points.

You can use the Holiday pack if you want, but you don't have to.

Rules: just play nice and we'll all have fun.

Remember to tag your movie!
The Moviestorm Team

#2 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:11 PM

Nice one! Quick question, are we allowed to use our own custom props too? Or would you prefer moviestorm official only. I know you say it must be wholly or partly with moviestorm, but just wanna be clear where mods are concerned wink.gif

#3 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

I would think that mods count, since you are still making the movie with Moviestorm.

I'm entering!

#4 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (kv @ Dec 9 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice one! Quick question, are we allowed to use our own custom props too? Or would you prefer moviestorm official only. I know you say it must be wholly or partly with moviestorm, but just wanna be clear where mods are concerned wink.gif

Yes, you can use your own mods.

The Moviestorm Team

#5 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 928 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:21 PM

I don't want to put a damper on this but it's been my experience that public voting determined contests and playing nice don't go together. Still I am tempted as I have something I'd love to make but I'm in production on another movie that I had hoped to finish by now so maybe my Christmas idea will have to wait until next year.

#6 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:33 AM

Gads! I'm neck deep in trying to get SQ12 done by Christmas. I'll see what I can put together in a couple hours.

Nice to have competitions back! laugh.gif

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5382 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (reptor7 @ Dec 10 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll see what I can put together in a couple hours.

No, no reptor! You just sit back and relax. No need to worry about competitions etc....
(Hopefully, ticks one off the list wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#8 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:54 AM

I'm so happy that competitions have finally returned! Yaaaay! I'll try my best to get a movie made in time smile.gif

#9 mcornetto

mcornetto

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:37 AM

I'm tempted to find time to do this...however...whenever I enter Christmas contests everyone usually gets very pissed off at me because I enter what they consider "inappropriate" Christmas material. Not that it's adult in nature but it's just that I don't usually do the Christmas mood thing and my Christmas stuff tends to be biting and satirical. Is that ok here? Because if it isn't I won't schedule for it.

#10 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:52 AM

That should be just fine, have you seen Overman's Christmas movie he made? People LOVE it (including myself)!

#11 mcornetto

mcornetto

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (act3scene24 @ Dec 10 2009, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That should be just fine, have you seen Overman's Christmas movie he made? People LOVE it (including myself)!

Okey dokey then. Likely I'll be scheduling for this. Cheers.

#12 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1135 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:35 AM

Yay!

I can't resist competitions, so my other other projects have to be put on hold again... unsure.gif

PN
"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Hosting for the Urban Decay Pack thanks to Ichikaiden ... Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#13 Yarmond

Yarmond

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

Sweet! I miss these competitions!! Luckily I'm working on a Christmas movie now, just gotta make sure I finish it in time.

#14 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

The best part of a competition with a theme that happens to be on a certain date, you know your deadline. And if you're making a movie, it's best not to be late regardless if it's going in a competition or not. smile.gif

So if you're late with it, it sucks double.

#15 supermep

supermep

Master Director

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

Got my submission done in the nick of time!

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=103131

#16 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:15 AM

Still got mine in production stage yet, hoping to have it done in time for the deadline assuming I can squeeze time in for it unsure.gif

#17 supermep

supermep

Master Director

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:33 AM

yeah I was frantically trying to finish it because I leave tomorrow to go to south cali

#18 cecilgainey

cecilgainey

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

I added one but called it Christmas 2012. Will it count. Sorry I didn't see that instruction the first time. blink.gif

#19 Yarmond

Yarmond

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

My submission: http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=103155

It's actually just a sneak peak of my current project, but I don't think I'll be able to finish it all for Dec. 23, so I posted this instead.

Hope you enjoy smile.gif

#20 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

After having a lot of problems with MS, I've been unable to make my intended Christmas movie. So that movie will have to wait until I can work smoothly in MS again.

So I uploaded "J-Hard's Christmas Album." (18+ only please)

Made originally for Yarmond's "Jolly St. Dick" but I made an extended version I planned on uploading anyway smile.gif