• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

Grab the latest version of Moviestorm! It’s packed with new features to make it easier to make the movies you want to see. And with the new 3D feature, Moviestorm will make your movies jump off the screen!

Here’s what you’ll get with Moviestorm 1.3

- Better set-building tools. The object transformation tool (known as the gizmo) makes it easy to rotate objects to any angle. Upside-down cars, tables and chairs knocked over - create mayhem in moments! The new wall painter speeds up creating customised rooms, and there are now moveable lights.
- Better directing tools. Add time to the timeline - no more fiddling around shifting activities around by hand! You now have more control over animated props, and you can put slide shows on TVs or other surfaces. The new held prop customiser makes it easier to see all the variants of a prop, and it’s now easy to see what an actor is looking at.
- Better editing tools. There’s now a whole new cutting room, which is more powerful and easier to use. Add filters to your movies to get that unique look, import pictures, sounds and other assets so you’re no longer limited to just Moviestorm clips. New titles and credits tools to make it easy to add subtitles and other text. Preview your movie in full screen!
- Better rendering tools. New 320x180 resolution for small screens and tiny file sizes. And - did we mention - you can render your movie in 3D ready for upload to YouTube!

Moviestorm 1.3 is the easiest, most versatile, and most affordable way to make movies - it’s everything you need in one package, whether you’re making action, drama, romance, music video, horror, sci-fi, comedy, documentary, or anything else you can imagine. And you can get all this for just US$7.99/£4.99/€6.49 per month - now that’s astounding value!

Get it now!

- Download Moviestorm 1.3
- Download instructions
- Full release notes
- Help forum
The Moviestorm Team

#2 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

Got this installed and now just waiting on it to download its stuff, can`t wait to start playing with it. Top work guys biggrin.gif

#3 Stormscape

Stormscape

Master Director

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:29 AM

Awesome.

So has any more of the old beta content been added into the commercial release yet?

I'd like to know if I should still install the FemalePerformance01, MalePerformance01, UrbanExteriors01, and Zombie beta content or if they are now redundant.

#4 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

Awesome,

Downloading and installing right now.

#5 czechboysonic

czechboysonic

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:57 AM

WooOOOooot ! Running home to download NOW !

#6 daveek

daveek

Director

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

a wee glitch i think i've found. any of the base heads now have a black line up the back running from base of neck to top of skull as if the whole head is actually a mask they are wearing.

#7 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

Hi daveek,
I've looked on a few different systems and can't reproduce what you're seeing. Could you pm me a few more details (or make a thread in "Help") and we'll see if we can resolve this for you.
Thanks,
Amos
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#8 jleao

jleao

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Sorry, but how do i render in 3d for red and blue glasses? I can´t find it---probably i´m missing something that should be obvious. Thanks.

#9 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

At the moment the 3D rendering supported is just Side by Side 3D, which is suitable for uploading to YouTube, and the YouTube player will allow you to change which type of 3D mode you watch in (ie, so that it matches your 3D glasses).

Aparently you need the following tags for your YouTube movie to make it work as 3D:
yt3d:enable=true yt3d:aspect=16:9 yt3d:swap=true
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#10 MefuneAkira

MefuneAkira

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

Really great work!

I love the gizmo. Any angle and with one hand no less. Awesome.

The add time option is brilliant. I cant tell you how many times Ive had to slide everything down the timeline, just to add something new. This changes everything. Bravo!

3D what?? I made a quick short and it works! A very fun addition to MS. The multiple glasses option on YT is great. (thanks for the tip Ben)

Nice streamlining with the prop options and walls.

The new cutting room floor is such an improvement. Although I think its a little cheeky to charge for filters.

*Raises a glass.

#11 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

I haven't found any glitches or issues at all. I love the new features, especially the gizmo!

Now if only we could keyframe the gizmo wink.gif

#12 alonzo11208

alonzo11208

Master Director

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

Download. No problem. Worth sub. In complete love...

Now, fog and filters please rolleyes.gif
Shadows of Fire
Shadows of Fire Encyclopedia

Creater of Shadows of Fire

#13 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (alonzo11208 @ Apr 21 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Download. No problem. Worth sub. In complete love...

Now, fog and filters please rolleyes.gif

Ditto! Still hunting for the fog!

#14 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

I really love the gizmo, this really great !
Juse one thing I don't understand, what do you mean by "The new wall painter speeds up creating customised rooms" . I don't see what it is.
Sorry in advance for my bad english^^

#15 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Click on any wall and it will pop up, here's a picture of it in action...

Attached Files

• Attached File  wall.jpg   95.73KB   29 downloads

Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#16 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

Ah thank you very much! Yes this is useful tongue.gif
Sorry in advance for my bad english^^

#17 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Apr 23 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Click on any wall and it will pop up, here's a picture of it in action...

Yes but now it's taken the place of being able to tint the wallpapers (which was very useful...lol!)... I don't seem to be able to tint any of the 'tintable' wallpapers...(floor works), or am I missing how to do this (which is more likely laugh.gif)

This link will take you there: Celestina's Texture Collections ... COUNTRY COLLECTION Ready Now!

#18 ms_amos

ms_amos

Master Director

• Staff
  • 570 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

Yes you can still tint them, just select your tintable texture and then use the paint brush icon at the bottom of the wall customizer to change the color. wink.gif
Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#19 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Apr 23 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes you can still tint them, just select your tintable texture and then use the paint brush icon at the bottom of the wall customizer to change the color. wink.gif

Thank you Amos... smile.gif

This link will take you there: Celestina's Texture Collections ... COUNTRY COLLECTION Ready Now!

#20 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Apr 23 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Something I would have liked to see is if you select a wall texture and colour for a wall you were able to simply apply it to all walls aswellwhile the brush icon is on rather than having to repeat the process for each wall.

Its only a minor thing but another little something that could speed up production design, this new feature is a good step forward though smile.gif