- The Dressing Room has a far more flexible and powerful interface for designing your Moviestorm characters.
- There are new characters with morphable sliders to change the shape of different features, or even the ethnic origin and skintone.
- Characters also have different decals for skin detail, makeup, eyebrows, beards, and much more. Some decals can even change color and be moved.
- There are ‘Randomize’ buttons for automatically generating and adjusting a new interesting character.
- In the Set Workshop, the inside and outside faces when placing walls are now clear.
- There’s a new 3d ‘amber-blue’ preview option in the Cutting Room.
- The Color Chooser has been radically enhanced, with an improved wheel and ‘Recent’ selection option.
- Dramatic lighting has been enhanced with a ‘Tri-Directional’ lighting option.
This is still a preview release, so you’ll need a slightly different installation procedure to get it. You’ll find detailed instructions here, along with full release notes. You can, of course, continue to use your existing version of Moviestorm if you prefer, or revert to it if you find problems.
Moviestorm 1.4 will be on general release in a few weeks, and there will be new tutorials showing you how to get the best from all the new features. In the meantime, please give us your feedback and let us know what you think via the feedback forums. (Not here, please, we'd like to keep all the feedback in one place!) Most of the team are on holiday next week, so we may not respond as fast as usual, but as always, we really value your feedback. It would be really useful to find out which bits you found confusing - that will help immensely when it comes to making the new tutorials.
iMac 2.66, 4gb Snow Leopard-------
I'm still having the same crashes (1.3 and 1.4). Scrolling in objects and characters.
Here are some new occurrences:
1) When I add a new scene in script editor in 1.4, it automatically gives me a blank set. I can no longer choose sets.
2) If I exit an MS movie while in the Dressing Room and then try and restart that movie, it crashes and I am unable to use that Movie again. (Only with some movies-some are OK)
3) When I reopen a movie that I have saved in 1.4 some of the key frame settings are mixed up and some characters are in completely different places than they were when the movie was saved. I left a character sitting in a coffee shop and when I reopened MS the character was wandering around off the set and then sat down in a field.