• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 KradProductions

KradProductions

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

^ I think I'm kind of in the same boat. My subscription expired January 2nd. I just bought a new computer and downloaded Moviestorm to it. I opened it and it informed me that I had to purchase a membership. I have quite a few content packs licensed to me from the "old model." What the heck to I have to purchase / rent to simply get access to what I had before? I've already paid a fair amount of money for those assets and I don't want to have to re-purchase them (however cheaper it may work out for some additional packs).

Also, my subscription changed from yearly to monthly as has been mentioned without me being notified. That's not good business practice.

I had a problem a while back that left me taking a hiatus from Moviestorm until tonight. I literally lost an entire movie that I had put nearly 20 consecutive hours into for a 48 hour film contest in a split @#*^ing second thanks to some random MS crash.

I've been here from square one and Moviestorm to me has evolved from a potentially powerful and approachable tool into a wayward novelty. I have a movie that I've put nearly a year's work into that I'd love to finish. Tell me what I need to fork over to make that possible. I hate to sound terse, as I've met a lot of friendly people here (Ben Sanders is a saint. I'd be sick of me by now if I were him, having barked up his tree every time I've had a problem) but enough is enough. I was flattered to be approached to be a pioneer and have greatly appreciated the generous incentives presented to me to use this product, but I need now to believe that this platform has a decisive, user-appreciative strategy and a commitment to resolve technical issues.

I'm a filmmaker before anything else. Frankly, I don't give a damn how it works so long as it works and I'm downright intolerant of excuses. I was lenient when Moviestorm was getting its legs and it was such a great bargain. But now that we're starting to talk real money, and Moviestorm's demand grows each day, the distributor-consumer relationship has changed. Ditching the core user-base with new policies and failing to address the most basic of technical concerns will mean lost customers. You can't chop a tree down at the base and expect it to continue to grow. Focus on stability and your relationship with your customers. Right now Moviestorm is growing beyond its means and will be a dead venture in no time, unless it slows down and takes a long, hard look in the mirror.

I say all this out of [tainted] love. You can bet your ass I wouldn't waste this much time typing up a rant like this to PepsiCo.

/rant
- Evan Ryan
kradproductions

#82 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

Please just calm down and take a deep breath. The staff will be back on monday and they will help you
There is obvious a lot of feelings involved here in your posts. I can understand that. But it seems to me that you have made a conclution based on an assumption made from what you think might be the case. I´ve seen this issue here many times and usually the premade assumption is not the case. I think that is probably the same here. There is no way that MS will charge you twise for the contentpacks you´ve already bought. You are buying the program. There are some packs that follow it.
I´m also confident that if the MS staff has made a promise, then they will keep it. Just wait a couple of days.
(Ps: this was not intended to be an answer to your questions)
Be well smile.gif

#83 Yarmond

Yarmond

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

I guess my biggest question now is, if I buy one of these bundles outright for $75, would that mean I now have a lifetime Moviestorm subscription?

In other words, I wouldn't have to renew my subscription at any point, I would now be a subscriber of Moviestorm for ever, and at any point if I need more MS points, I can just buy those separately and spend them as I please?

I just want to make sure, because if this is the case, then that's what I'll be doing.

Thanks,

-Yarmond

#84 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Yes, the bundles are lifetime subscriptions, and you would just buy points separately for extra content.

#85 Yarmond

Yarmond

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Armanus @ Feb 27 2011, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, the bundles are lifetime subscriptions, and you would just buy points separately for extra content.

Thanks, all I needed to know. I've taken the plunge smile.gif

#86 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5373 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Yarmond @ Feb 28 2011, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, all I needed to know. I've taken the plunge smile.gif

Hallelujah Brother! laugh.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#87 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (ehughes @ Feb 26 2011, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I took away the auto-renew option

I cannot find this option. I have looked in billing info and billing history and subscription plan links from my page but cannot see it. Where do I have to go to change it? My sub ends in 2 weeks.
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#88 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

I think you click "Cancle subscription", I`m sure it then keeps running until the end then ends on the dat of when it is due to expire without auto renewing, I can`t tell now though as I have a message where the subscription button would be saying I have purchased moviestorm.

#89 MajorLance

MajorLance

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

Okay, I have a question. My yearly subscription expires in August. No matter what subscription I make after that will I lose the custom characters I created? I noticed a problem in accessing characters I had created during a previous subscription during my current subscription.

#90 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (MajorLance @ Mar 5 2011, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I have a question. My yearly subscription expires in August. No matter what subscription I make after that will I lose the custom characters I created? I noticed a problem in accessing characters I had created during a previous subscription during my current subscription.

You won't "lose" custom characters. They'll still be in your stock.

However, if you no longer have the packs those characters were created with, then you won't be able to use them. This is exactly the same as if you were renting the packs and the rental expired.
The Moviestorm Team