• 492 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Howdy Cowgirls and Cowboys,

fullhorn.tv proudly presents the next opportunity for Moviestorm:

Modern Life
4 Impossible Scene Sets

Watch the presentation video here.

Enjoy the Modern Life

Create new episodes with your favorite characters in one of four brand-new scene sets. Tell your next family drama, create your own soap opera, or write the next heartwarming romance. Simply load a scene set, add your characters, and start directing your story. smile.gif

Making the Impossible Possible

All scene sets go beyond the tools Moviestorm's Set Workshop offer. To redesign existing props all textures are embedded in the set. Walls are thicker, higher, or even stacked to create taller rooms and larger windows. The sets "Black" and "White" even have a reflective tile floor. cool.gif

Works with Base

Despite the complexity of the scenes they all work with the Base version. You don't any additional addon! All required textures are embedded in the set.

Now available at a special price until the end of the year... Merry Christmas.

Love and success,
Arthur smile.gif

#2 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Excellent!
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#3 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:58 AM

Wow! ohmy.gif That makes light work of scene set-ups.
Great Job again Arthur. smile.gif
I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#4 ArthurVKuhrmeier

ArthurVKuhrmeier

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

Many thanks, you two. smile.gif

Unbelievable but true, there is already an update:

Modern Life v2

The texture of the pool was improved greatly and is now tintable.
(Rob didn't like the trashcan in his garden... wink.gif)

All transparent textures are now tintable.

In case you've missed it: Moviestorm 1.6 now allows tinting transparent textures!!! It's probably an almost overlooked but grand new feature. In the image you can see the translucent spheres -- tinted! Also the sofa uses transparency to make the leans invisible -- tinted! That is so cool! cool.gif

Thanks to Ben for revealing this hidden feature!
Arthur smile.gif

#5 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

great work arthur

forumsig.png

#6 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Looks great, Arthur! And again a very funny presentation smile.gif

#7 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

Dood! This is awesome! Spectacular! Stupendous! A master piece! Awesome! Fantastic! Amazing! Did I say awesome? That too! If nothing else I gotta have it! It will unavoidably be after Newd Years but I gotta get it! I hope you will have plenty of stock left, Im sure its going fast.

#8 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (ArthurVKuhrmeier @ Dec 21 2013, 2:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many thanks, you two. smile.gif

Unbelievable but true, there is already an update:

Modern Life v2

The texture of the pool was improved greatly and is now tintable.
(Rob didn't like the trashcan in his garden... wink.gif)

All transparent textures are now tintable.

In case you've missed it: Moviestorm 1.6 now allows tinting transparent textures!!! It's probably an almost overlooked but grand new feature. In the image you can see the translucent spheres -- tinted! Also the sofa uses transparency to make the leans invisible -- tinted! That is so cool! cool.gif

Thanks to Ben for revealing this hidden feature!
Arthur smile.gif

gotta get this. awesome.
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#9 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

Problemo - but no Biggy. Or rather I hope its no biggy :-)
I havent tried to render or fiddle with it., since its showing up anyway it should work, in theory. :-)

I downloaded it (LOVE IT!) but the addon method didnt work. No problem. I used the secondary method and called in the moving van, having everything delivered in the stock folder.
Opening movie storm I look in the "My Sets" rabbit hole and there they be! Yay! All of them load fine. However., the "Modern Life Upholstered" set when opening says "File Error Importing Modern Life Upholstered".

I look at it - looks great! No empty boxes or anything to indicate somethings missing. Just that Error message. The walls, Sofa, chairs and coffee table are showing so Im not sure why its giving me the error.

#10 65radius

65radius

Director

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Daveman @ Jan 4 2014, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problemo - but no Biggy. Or rather I hope its no biggy :-)
I havent tried to render or fiddle with it., since its showing up anyway it should work, in theory. :-)

I downloaded it (LOVE IT!) but the addon method didnt work. No problem. I used the secondary method and called in the moving van, having everything delivered in the stock folder.
Opening movie storm I look in the "My Sets" rabbit hole and there they be! Yay! All of them load fine. However., the "Modern Life Upholstered" set when opening says "File Error Importing Modern Life Upholstered".

I look at it - looks great! No empty boxes or anything to indicate somethings missing. Just that Error message. The walls, Sofa, chairs and coffee table are showing so Im not sure why its giving me the error.

the transparent windows?

#11 Daveman

Daveman

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (65radius @ Jan 4 2014, 4:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the transparent windows?

Nothing is identified as the problem. Luckily with the changes in the new Moviestorm, it loads even is something is missing or out of whack, now. But the error messages would usually give you a file name of something missing. I'll open it up again and check to see, but the windows (best I recall) were transparent.

#12 ArthurVKuhrmeier

ArthurVKuhrmeier

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

Hi Dave,

it seems I pushed Moviestorm to the limits... yet again. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Daveman @ Jan 4 2014, 1:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I downloaded it (LOVE IT!) but the addon method didnt work.

I'm happy that you like it. smile.gif Strangely enough, the addon works for me.

QUOTE (Daveman @ Jan 4 2014, 1:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However., the "Modern Life Upholstered" set when opening says "File Error Importing Modern Life Upholstered".
[...] Im not sure why its giving me the error.

I tried all scene sets. One gave me an error once, but this time I didn't get any errors at all.

QUOTE (Daveman @ Jan 4 2014, 7:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the error messages would usually give you a file name of something missing.

It would be helpful indeed. wink.gif

A short explanation: It seems Moviestorm only supports images for the "diffuseMap" when you save a scene set to the stock. Besides changing the tags, I also added different "normalMap", "specularMap", "emissiveMap", and even added a "reflectMap". So I had to tell Moviestorm manually to load the other maps as well, saved in the "metadata.xml" file. This might be the reason why Moviestorm sometimes throws an error even though all the textures are present and in the right place.

Arthur smile.gif

#13 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

Hi

I love these Modern Livings. I was wondering for the set Modern Life Black, what is being used for the room divider? I really like that. Thanks for any replies.

~Marilyn

#14 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

Hi

I love these Modern Livings. I was wondering for the set Modern Life Black, what is being used for the room divider? I really like that. Thanks for any replies.

~Marilyn

You mean the oversized window blinds? Arthur played some smart tricks to get his Modern Life sets made.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#15 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

Hey Jamm,

I attached a pic, the divider behind the chairs/table to the left. It's the only thing that doesn't show up when I load the set into moviestorm.

Any idea what he used?

TY.

~M

Attached Files

#16 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:13 AM

I think that screen is not part of any of the Modern Life sets themselves, but an ellaboration on the basic sets included in the pack. Take into account that the "addon" does not include any new prop, but merely four new stock sets, built on standard props, with the addition of some background images and the magic of some tricks.

My guess is that the screen is part of some third-party mod, such as those in Squirrelygirl's Japan or Lucinda's Vautrin Furniture addons, and it was included only for the purpose of demonstration.

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

#17 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

Anyway you can get it included in my JAMM_Home3 addon. The models there are not mine. In the case of the decoration screen is a model by moboile

Attached File  Decoration Screen.jpg   82.39KB   0 downloads

#18 mloakley

mloakley

Director

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:16 PM

Thanks Jamm. I thought perhaps it was part of the sets and a standard prop that Arthur may have done some magic on. :)

Appreciate the explanation, and thank you for the home3 addon. Very cool.

Have a great day!

~M